Monday, August 21, 2017

Cool down!!  Finally had a cooler week this week but what was even better, the nights were chilly!  And I like that so I can get under the covers and snuggle up. I still don't need a jacket and can wear shorts so its not cold, just chilly.  Not sure but I would guess mid 60's maybe.  That is kind of perfect although I wouldn't mind putting on a jacket since I have so many but no reason to wear them out!  Now if we can just work on the days and get those 20 degrees cooler, that would be awesome.  I mean it isn't super hot, just warm but a lot cooler than it was a few weeks ago during that 100 degree heat wave.  At least it felt 100 but we had humidity which isn't like us to have at all.  Not sure where it came from but its not part of our weather-cycle.  Sure we get fires and earthquakes; and our seasons are Summer, Earthquake, Summer and Fire.

Weekly Update:

So I went to Gen BBQ again this week and they finally had their official grand opening!  The prices were the same during as the soft opening so I am wondering if they will change soon.  I have been told other Gen BBQ's are about $10 more for dinner but I like the $20.99 price so far!  If it changes, I may not be eager to go again till a very long time.  Right now it is well worth the price but not sure for $29.99, that is iffy since it doesn't include basic drinks like soda.  If it did, then possibly still worth it.  Flavors are comparable to other places but the slices of bacon are extra thick which I have never seen before.  Atmosphere is really nice, kind of trendy but not over the top.  Every table is well lite so you can see what you are eating.  I really do hope they keep the price where it is at or even $24.99 I would go for.  So much delicious foods.

At the movies:
A new #1 at the box office as The Hitman's Bodyguard earns a fair 21.6 million.  Right on expectations but not much for a long term box office.  Drop down to #2 is "Annabelle: Creation" with another 10.5 mil as it looks like it will fall short of 100 mil for domestic.  New at #3 is Logan Lucky with only 8 mil to open and also right at expectations.  This should be a fast burn at the box office as well.  Holding on to #4 is "Dunkirk" with an extra 6.7 mil as it tries to reach 200 mil cume but unlikely it will.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature" with another 5.1 mil and also quickly burning out for the Summer season.

Quote of the week:

"The greatest remedy for anger is delay." - Lucious Annaeus Seneca

Facts & Tips:
In Denmark, citizens have to select baby names from a list of 7,000 government-approved names.

"There are no red lights during car chases!" - Jamie Chung as Go Go in "Big Hero 6."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home