Monday, August 07, 2017

Still seeing a heat wave going on with no end in sight.  Drinking a lot of water but mostly trying to stay indoors with AC!  I hate running the AC at home because it is pretty costly but then I will sweat by doing nothing and that seems pretty illogical to me.  What if we had personal AC units built into a suit that runs water thus cooling the body ... like the movie "Dune" and still suits.  But I guess that isn't really for cooling but more for water supply and re-purposing ... Ok then how about a cooling bed that you lay in like a coffin and then you can nap and stay in a temperature controlled stasis ... but then I guess that can be very unconformable  for a lot of people.  Well, I am out of ideas then.

Weekly Update:
Not much of a week, nothing exciting or worth while happened to think of.  Was a normal work week I guess in general.  I did try to sleep some and go to bed earlier but that never happened.  I think I accidentally fell asleep at the keyboard once not realizing I had done that.  I didn't remember what I was doing before and just kept doing what I was doing.  I know that didn't make sense but trust me, it does in my head!  Well, the struggle continues to get some rest or sleep.  I might take a vacation day because I am maxed out.

At the movies:
Pretty soft box office weekend as The Dark Tower takes top honors with only a 19.5 million opening.  Reviews are middle of the road but this comic-book adaptation didn't hit.  Slightly below expectations but a sign the Summer could be over.  Slight drop to #2 is "Dunkirk" with an extra 17.6 mil and slowly down as well.  Big drop at #3 is "The Emoji Movie" with another 12.4 mil and quickly getting the sad face.  Slight drop to #4 is "Girls Trip" earning 11.4 mil more as it closes in on 100 mil.  Reachable for this film but could take a bit more time. New and rounding off the top 5 is Kidnap with 10.2 mil and actually right at expectations.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one but it really was an expansion.  In at #8 is Detroit for its 2nd week and earns 7.3 mil, slight below expectations but more of an award contender for the newly formed distribution company.

Quote of the week:
"When ambition ends, happiness begins." - Thomas Merton

Facts & Tips:
George Washington protected his beloved horses from losing their teeth by making sure they were brushed regularly.

"You and the truth, sitting in prison, having three meals a day together. I live in the presence of great truth..." - Theresa Russell as Emma Marko in "Spider-Man 3."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home