Monday, January 01, 2018

NEW YEAR'S EDITION

Today is New Year's Day and thus begins 2018.  Can't say much about 2017, glad it is finally over and now can't wait for 2018 to end.  Honestly these types of days just are like any other day for me so nothing really to write home about or celebrate.  I just do the same thing day in and day out.  So with that, every day is the same to me.  Although the weather is like a mild Summer and nothing like Winter so that is different.  However, not as different these past several years but different from the way past.  Things are not getting better with global warming and the US being so far behind everyone else (well, almost everyone) in the environment.

Weekly Update:
This past week had Christmas Day and that was kind of relaxing.  Slept in and hoping to do the same New Year's Day.  Maybe not to late but a little at least as I have a busy week ahead.  But it would be nice to get some sleep this week to compensate for how busy it will be.  You know, the other day someone asked me if I was free this week and I said not till after the 7th.  Then they asked me what about Monday ... um, isn't Monday before the 7th?  I said I will be busy and then the response was what about lunch on Tuesday ... again, is this before the 7th?!  If I can't sleep, how am I going to make plans with you when its before a date I said I would be free?  I just want to be this dog pictured (not my dog) and not care and sleep.

At the movies:
As projected, "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" holds the lead for its 3rd week with another 52.5 million.  Now passes over 500 mil domestic cum, 1 billion world wide.  Still on pace to do over 600 but will fall short of 700 mil.  Holding to #2 is "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" with another 50.6 mil which is an increase from its opening!  Now over 100 mil and doing well.  Holding to #3 is "Pitch Perfect 3" with 17.8 mil as it struggles to reach 100 mil, too close to call right now.  Increase at #4 is "The Greatest Showman" with 15.3 mil as this toe-tapper tries to get to 100 mil but will fall short.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Ferdinand" with another 11.7 mil and this bull may be out of steam.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just the one that opened, All the Money in the World comes in at #7 with 5.6 mil and below expectations.

Quote of the week:
"And now we welcome the new year.  Full of things that have never been." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Facts & Tips:
You can tell a turtle's gender by the noise it makes. Males grunt and females hiss.

"DEVILS COME OUT!" - Anthony Robbins as himself in "Shallow Hal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home