Monday, January 15, 2018

So having a few events to attend lately, one thing I have noticed ... the bar.  All of them have free beverages at the bar I go to so I want to grab a soda to mainly keep me awake.  I also go for others to grab whatever they need but every single time I go ... there is a line or crowds there getting drinks.  Completely understand that but what I do not get is when they are given their drink, they stay there chatting with one another!!  HEY, go some place else so the dozen plus people behind you can get something to drink.  Don't you remember waiting behind others before you trying to get your drink?  How about some bar etiquette of some kind?  I understand if the bar has seats and serves there but all of these bars are set up just for the event so they only pour drinks and help the next person.  SO MOVE!  As soon as I get my drinks I am out of there so I can get back to my group and to let the person behind me get theirs ... just don't understand a lot of people.

Weekly Update:
BUSY week!  Had a couple of events that I attended and both were pretty fun with a lot of great foods!  I had one on Tuesday at the Chateau Marmot, becoming very familiar with that place as of late.  But this was a Netflix event and reception that was hosted by them and Sandra Bullock.  Did get to meet her, again (met her before) but got a quick pic with her:

*Sandra Bullock - lots of movies ... but very nice.

On Thursday headed to the Paramount Studio lot to catch the premier for an upcoming TV show on TNT called The Alienist.  A show set in the 1900's Gilded Era and the event was amazing!  The premiere featured the first episode and it is very interesting, basically a sort of Sherlock Holmes but with a type of psychiatrist and an illustrator friend as his Dr. Watson.  Interested in watching more at this point but the party at the event was simply stunning.  Threw you back to the time era with decor, people walking around in costume and interesting performances; again much like from that era.

*Luke Evans - I know him from the more recent Lord of the Rings films and a very cool guy
*Daniel Bruhl - from the Avengers Civil War movie and a really nice guy.

At the movies:
Pretty amazing as "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" still at #1 with another 27 million and now almost to 300 mil cume domestic!  I guess that is what we needed, a somewhat family friendly action film for the holidays.  Rising up to #2 after some award recognition is "The Post" with 18.6 mil as it went wide.  A bit below expectations but still a solid number.  New at #3 is The Commuter with 13.5 mil and below expectations.  Holding at #4 is "Insidious: The Last Key" with 12.1 mil and could drop even quicker next week.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Greatest Showman" with another 11.8 mil and looks like it will get to that 100 mil mark after all.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Two this week, coming in at #7 is Paddington 2 with 10.6 mil and close to expectations.  New at #8 is "Proud Mary" with only 10 mil to open and below expectations.  I guess action films post New Year is no longer a thing any more.

Quote of the week:
"Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart." - Washington Irving

Facts & Tips:

Marine mammals swim by moving their tails up and down, while fish swim by moving their tails left and right.

"Yeah, I'm going for a non-threatening ... hug-gable
kind of thing." - Daniel Henney as Tadashi in "Big Hero 6."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home