Monday, February 12, 2018

It sure has been a very long week ... cold nights are awesome but no rain is not.  Lot of time working, so much OT actually but I enjoy it.  I mean it keeps me active and busy on top of earning money while doing it.  I realized on my day off all I do mostly is sleep because I am catching up on it!  I did try to do some house stuff like cement work and boy my legs and fingers were so sore.  I used my hand to mix it since it was small amounts of concrete but bending a lot and some lifting, the back of my legs were strained.  I still need to do more but I ran out of materials so will have to figure out how much to get because the area I was working on is about 70% filled or done.

Weekly Update:
Last Monday night I went to this HBO show premier for "Here and Now," which is coming ... this week I think.  The event was nice and the food was amazing!  Nice big shrimp and a donut station!  The appetizers were so delicious and the Caesar Salad so tasty.  I think it is a little sad that the best thing about the event was the food.  The show, I didn't connect with it at all and in fact found it extremely boring.  Trying to be a drama with some freaky numerology twist but ... just didn't work.  Played on all the current stereotypes of a mixed-marriage family, gay child, Asian doctor and the teen angst with parents who are what you would expect.  It may go a few seasons probably but just wasn't my type of show ... but I did love the food!

At the movies:
A new #1 finally shows up as Fifty Shades Freed opens to a decent 38.8 million.  Slightly above expectations and the question is will this carry on a bit.  Historically speaking it will not and may suffer a deep drop next week.  Also new at #2 is Peter Rabbit with 25 mil to open and almost on target for that one.  Fair word-of-mouth and could get it to 100 mil.  New at #3 is The 15:17 to Paris with 12.6 mil and just about were it was expected.  Quick burn out on this one.  Drop down to #4 is "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" with another 9.8 mil as this film keeps hacking away trying to get to 400 mil but will come up a bit short.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Greatest Showman" with another 6.4 mil as it continues its Oscar hunt.

Quote of the week:

"Do exactly what you would do if you felt secure." - Meister Eckhart

Facts & Tips:

Before 1859, baseball umpires sat behind home plate in rocking chairs.

"Uh, uh, uh. So basically what you're saying is, I'm the only person in this room who's not having sex with one of you." - Jodi Long as Judge Marcia Phelps in the TV series "Eli Stone."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home