Monday, March 26, 2018

Feels a bit chilly and its already towards the end of March?!  Our weather has been ... nice!  Typically around this time it is generally warmer than it has been but right now it sort of feels borderline Winter!  I do like the fact I need to wear a jacket because I do have several of them and rare is the time I get to wear one!  But this week I had to use one almost every day and it was nice!  I also like the very chilly nights because I just got a new big blanket for the couch and its perfect.  My previous blanket only covered me if I was in a ball because it was pretty tiny.  Now the dogs use it for lying on the floor with it which is just fine with me.

Weekly Updates:
I recently discovered this boba tea place near my, sort of hidden in the back of this shopping mall.  I think the space used to be an aquarium type of place long ago but its so hidden, you never knew it was there!  But now its a boba tea place and I have skipped once or twice because the line was out the door.  But the times I have tried it, pretty good for a really great price!  There are other places around the area that have the same size and quality but are over $5 a cup.  This one is about $4 and they have a drink that has several add-ons built into already!  I have been getting the strawberry slush with ice cream at the bottom and then lychee jelly in the middle and the rest is the slush.  I tried it with mini-boba added since I had a free "topping" one time and that was good too but then I felt that was a lot going into one cup.  But, I shall be back and maybe try something else, we shall see.

At the movies:
No surprise as Pacific Rim Uprising takes over the #1 spot with a fair 28 million to open.  Almost right on target as it met expectations.  Word-of-mouth is fair on this film so it may not go the distance domestically.  Slight drop to #2 is "Black Panther" with 16.7 mil as it establish itself into the 600 mil cume.  Holding ground at #3 is "I Can Only Imagine" with another 13.8 mil which are some good numbers for this little film.  New at #4 is Sherlock Gnome with only 10.5 mil to open.  Well below expectations and unfortunately this film didn't solve the case ... of a big box office. Rounding off the top 5 is "Tomb Raider" earning another 10.4 mil and someone seal this one back up.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Several this week ... up first is Paul, Apostle of Christ coming in at #8 with 5 mil to open.  Pretty much as expected on this one as it will do better in the home markets.  Up next at #10 is Midnight Sun with only 4.1 mil and no surprises here.  There was another film that sort of came out of no where ... and looks like it stayed there.  At #11 is Unsane with 2000+ screens and 3.9 mil to open which anyone could have predicated that one.

Quote of the week:
"Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better." - William Shakespeare

Facts & Tips:
The word "checkmate" comes from the Persian phrase meaning "the king is dead."

"An actual soap and water shower! I don't want her coming to the wedding!" - Emmanuelle Vaugier as Mia in the TV series "Two and a Half Men."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home