Monday, June 18, 2018

Wow, talk about chilly!  It sure has been a week of cold weather and its Summer time here!  I am not going to complain about it but just very surprised since we should be in the 80's and 90's but seem to only be in the high 70's for the days and low 60's for the night!  This is great and I wish it was like this all season but ... I know it won't last.  I hope it last for a long time but more than likely will be back to warmer temps later this week.  Oh well ... but the breezes are great and the overcast is awesome.  No rain, sure feels like we are going to get some but nothing.  Just a real sense of moisture in the air but it deceives you!

Weekly Update:
I just ordered myself an arepa maker and I can't wait to get it!  What's an arepa you say?!?  Well, its this little dough pocket from Venezuelan that you cook and can stuff with just about anything.  I made them without the maker and they worked but hard to form.  So this the maker they will be more uniformed and hopefully evenly cooked.  They aren't difficult by any stretch if you get the special Pan flower brand as its been refined for this delicious staple of Venezuelans.  I guess they stuffed them but I am happy eating them as is with some butter!  But they are similar to like a Mexican empanada or like a Chinese bao.  I guess every culture has something like this they can eat by itself or stuff it with something, almost their own version of a sandwich or hot pocket.  Well, can't wait to make them!

At the movies:
What an Incredible weekend!  Shattering all expectations, The Incredibles 2 comes in with a huge 180 million for the weekend.  Very strong word-of-mouth on this film as it is now on pace to go over 500+ at this rate.  Dropping down to #2 is "Ocean's 8" with another 19.6 mil as it starts is way to 100 mil cume, may get that by the end of next weekend.  New at #3 is Tag with 14.6 mil and almost right on target for this one.  Dropping down to #4 is "Solo: A Star Wars Story" with 9.1 mil as it crawls to reach 200 mil cume.  Rounding off to top 5 is "Deadpool 2" with another 8.8 mil as it is inches away from 300 mil and should get that in a few days more than likely.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one wide release as Superfly comes in at #7 with only 6.3 mil and no one new it even opened.

Quote of the week:
"It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was." - Anne Sexton

Facts & Tips:
Russia has a larger surface area than Pluto.

"I'm trying to sacrifice my life for our love. Stop being such a dick!" - Maggie Q as Maggie Wong in "Balls of Fury."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home