Monday, October 29, 2018

Hmmm, it seems to have gotten warm again a little bit this week but a lot.  BUT, enough to have to turn on the AC for a couple of days.  Luckily it was for a short time but still.  I wonder if I should get my AC tuned up during the Winter.  Not sure if it is cheaper to do it now or doesn't really matter living in SoCali and our weather is fairly consistent year-round.  I know it use it more than the heater but then should I get both done.  I know its been at least 2 or 3 years since I have had someone out to check on one of the other because it wasn't working correctly.  However with my home owners coverage, it may be cheaper to wait till something happens than doing some preventative work because all I pay is a deductible for repairs.  I should do some pricing out for tune-ups.

Weekly Update:
This week Halloween falls on a Wednesday.  So won't talk about it much here and save it for next week but it is kind of odd sometimes when "holidays" fall on the middle of the week.  And I guess it's not even a real holiday because banks are open and people work.  Just a time to go out and have fun I guess like St. Patrick's Day or Valentine's Day.  They are generally observed and celebrated but not 100% if that makes sense?  Like time is given dedicated to these days other than your own time and not work.

At the movies:
As expected "Halloween" remains at the top for its 2nd week with another 32.1 mil, now well into the 100 mil cume zone.  Should get at least one more week of solid numbers before it starts is steep decline.  Holding strong at #2 is "A Star is Born" with another 14.2 mil as it continues its steady climb and prepares for award season.  Holding at #3 is "Venom" earning another 10.8 mil as it keeps inching towards 200 mil cume.  Still holding at #4 is "Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween" with an extra 7.5 mil as this one is about to be scared out.  Rounding off the top 5 is Hunter Killer with an debut of 6.7 mil and pretty much at expectations.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Two this week ... up first is Johnny English Strikes Again at #12 with only 1.6 mil and below expectations.  Next at #13 is Indivisible with 1.6 mil as well and ...pretty much no shocker of a number but should do better in the after-markets.

Quote of the week:
"I want to put a ding in the universe." - Steve Jobs

Facts & Tips:
Make sure to eat a chocolate-covered cherry on January 3; its National Chocolate-Covered Cherry Day.

"I won't say I hate it; it's just alien to anything I've ever liked before." - Bob Newhart as Dr. Robert 'Bob' Hartley in the TV series "The Bob Newhart Show."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home