Monday, November 26, 2018

Thanksgiving Edition

Thanksgiving was on Thursday and it was nice and chilly that day.  I did work that day and all day but it was fine, had nothing else to do or any place to go.  But I did get a Honey Baked Ham and it was so good.  This has become a new tradition the last few years and I like it.  I had a nice ham for dinner and then the days to follow, honey baked ham sandwiches which are always delicious.  I thought it would have last longer than but the one they gave me, the core bone was much bigger in the middle so a little bummed about that but I know its all random.  Can't fault them for pulling a ham out of the fridge.

Weekly Update:
Sleepy sleepy ... been so sleepy lately.  I'm glad I don't have a commute right now because I feel like I would fall asleep at the wheel which I have done before and that isn't good.  I think starting at 5:30 AM on certain days does that to you ... that is early and also a lot of times I start when its dark and by the time I am off, it is dark again!  It is ... weird but just wants me to sleep and sleep.  But I can't and have to work.  I still advocate a siesta period in the work day that is separate than lunch.  When I take longer naps during my lunch I do feel a bit more energized for the rest of the day.  But when I take the shorter and fewer naps, I do seem more tired.

At the movies:
The world wide web is a buzz for Ralph Breaks The Internet with a hefty 5-day gross of 84.5 million.  Word-of-mouth is fair on this film but should get close or over 200 mil when said and done.  Punching away at #2 is Creed II with 55.8 mil and above expectations.  Holding ground at #3 is "Dr. Seuss' The Grinch" with another 30.2 mil and now just shy of 200 mil.  May get that in another week.  Slight drop to #4 is "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" with another 29.7 mil and now past 100 mil cume after 2 weeks.  A little below par for a holiday weekend so it may burn out faster than the first.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Bohemian Rhapsody" with extra 13.7 mil and steady climb to 200 mil but still a lot of award buzz.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Robin Hood comes in at #7 with only 14.2 mil (5-Day total) and 9.1 mil for the weekend.  Slightly below expectations but not surprising either.

Quote of the week:
"Conflict cannot survive without your participation." - Wayne Dyer

Facts & Tips:
Philadelphia zookeeper Jim Murray sent baseball scores to telegraph offices by carrier pigeon every half inning in 1883.

"I want the world, I want the whole world.  I want to lock it all up in my pocket.  It's my bar of chocolate.  Give it to me now." - Julie Dawn Cole as Veruca Salt in "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home