Monday, November 12, 2018

Starting to get a lot cooler again.  Nights in the low 50's but no rain yet.  We have massive fires going on and windy again.  The winds are what are really causing the fires to be such out of control right now.  Thousand evacuated and millions of dollars in homes destroyed.  But those who are fighting it are doing all they can and with very little help.  Other counties can only spare so much without leaving their own areas without help if something should come up.  Hopefully the weather will cool down, better yet, some rain and the winds die down to nothing once again.

Weekly Update:
So during this week I got to visit a place I have been a couple times before ... Crustacean's of Beverly Hills.  They went through a million dollar re-model and from what I saw it was pretty amazing.  The upstairs part I saw wasn't as impressive as the previous upstairs but I didn't get a good luck of the downstairs.  Chef and owner Helene An, also known as "Ma-ma" spent so much time at our booth and kept having her staff bring stuff to our table to eat and try.  It was an amazing experience and I hope to return again soon.  I doubt I will get that experience again but I just want to get some garlic noodles!  They were so amazing.

At the movies:
BIG numbers at the box office as Dr. Seuss' The Grinch takes top honors at #1 with a hefty 66 million to open!  Unsure how it will last as we head into the holiday season but overall it should do very well.  Slight drop down to #2 is "Bohemian Rhapsody" with an extra 30.9 mil as it hits the 100 mil cume mark. Still strong word-of-mouth and should carry it to at least another 50.  New at #3 is Overlord with 10.1 mil and slightly below expectations but not surprising.  Hanging on to #4 is "The Nutcracker and the Four Realms" with 9.6 mil extra as it struggles along.  New at #5 is The Girl in the Spider's Web: A New Dragon Tattoo Story with 8 mil and pretty much as expected.

Quote of the week:

"In war the heroes always outnumber the soldiers ten to one." - H.L. Mencken

Facts & Tips:

The word "cherry" comes from the Turkish town of Cerasus.

"Well, I'm a gum chewer, normally.  But when I heard about these ticket things of Wonka's, I laid off the gum and switched to candy bars, instead.  Now, of course, I'm right back on gum.  I chew it all day, except at mealtimes when I stick it behind my ear." - Denise Nickerson as Violet Beauregarde in "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home