Monday, February 25, 2019

I love pickles, of the dill nature.  I was very disappointed when I went to the fridge, found an old jar of pickles and when I got one to eat, they were bad.  I thought these things last forever! What is funny is I have had older pickles in my fridge and they were fine.  So it must have been the brand.  These were Market Pantry (Target brand) and I guess I won't get them again.  They were a couple of years old but again, have had older ones and they were delicious.  So, I guess Market Pantry is just such an inferior brand, careful not to get those ever again!  What is interesting about pickles, they kept me from smoking!  Growing up, the peer pressure from your friends trying to get you to try smoking although I had no interest and didn't really feel pressured.  But what I did instead, I ate pickles and put the juice in a glass and drank it.  It was good!  I haven't really drank the juice since that time but I do remember it very well.

Weekly Update:
This past Thursday I helped out with the annual Minnie's Moonlight Madness at Disney's California Adventure.  It was extremely cold but fortunately we were indoors for our clue.  Our clue this year was pretty fun, teams had to put the right food in front of the Disney character.  So for example, Mulan had porridge with bacon and eggs ... it was happy to see her!  So they had about 13 guests with about 20 different food items to place.  It was pretty fun to watch them figure out who gets who.

At the movies:
Not so hidden is the new #1 at the box office!  Flying high is How to Train your Dragon: The Hidden World earning a nice 55.5 million and almost on target.  Solid word-of-mouth could take it over 150 mil overall.  Drop down to #2 is "Alita: Battle Angel" with an extra 12 mil as it tries to reach 100 mil but will fall short.  Holding on to #3 is "Lego Movie 2: The Second Part" with 10 mil as it keeps inching closer to 100 mil cume.  Coming in at #4 with a wide expansion is "Fighting With My Family" with 8 mil.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Isn't It Romantic" with another 7.5 mil and may be gone next week.

Quote of the Week:
"The eternal quest of the individual human being is to shatter his loneliness." - Norman Cousins

Facts & Tips:
Earth is actually located inside the sun's atmosphere.

"He's like a smart person. I gotta say, it's an honor to meet you, officially.  I sort of met you, I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping.  I mean, I was ... I was present while you were unconscious from the ice.  You know, it's really, it's just a ... just a huge honor to have you on board." - Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson in "The Avengers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home