Monday, September 29, 2008

HOT!! Holy cow ... so last week on Thursday it was 5:30PM and it was 102 degrees ... 102!!!! Granted I was in the "valley" where it does get hotter but 5:30 in the afternoon?? I couldn't believe it when I was walking out to my car and as soon as the elevator door opened, WHAM! HEAT!!! Also last week we saw the first day of Fall and we were beyond Summer heat ... talk about crazy! No, seriously, talk about crazy ... go ahead.

Weekly Update:
Monday night I was invited by a very good friend to a special industry screening of
Flash of Genius which is based on the true story of Dr. Robert Kearns and how he invented the Intermittent Windshield Wiper which Ford Motors stole. The movie was good but does have a limited appeal. What was cool is that some of the cast attended the screening and I was lucky enough to get a quick shot with:

*
Greg Kinnear- Very nice guy and I thought he was great in Little Miss Sunshine.

On Thursday I went to a TV taping for
According to Jim which I must admit, I have never seen before. It was a really great time and it was pretty funny. The cast was great although the entire cast was not in this particular episode so some were not there that night. But I did get to meet most of them plus the guest:

*
James Belushi- Very cool guy and funny thing is I meet him briefly on Monday at the screening.
*
Taylor Atelian- Plays the young daughter and very nice.
*
Conner Rayburn- Nice kid who plays the son and he did an amazing job that night.
*
Larry Joe Campbell- Plays the best friend and co-worker to Jim and is a very funny guy.
*
Jackie Debatin- Guest star of the episode who played the piano teacher and an incredibly sweet lady.

At the movies:
Action back at #1 as
Eagle Eye earns a nice 29.2 million. A little romance at a distant #2 with Nights in Rodanthe at 13.6 mil. Dropping down to #3 is "Lakeview Terrace" with another 7 mil. New at #4 is Fireproof with 6.5 mil and that is kind of an impressive number considering the film opened to less than 900 screens. Rounding off the top 5 is "Burn After Reading" with an extra 6.2 mil.

New movies that did not make the top 5: Looks like we have three this week which isn't too surprising. In at #9 is the World War II drama
Miracle at St. Anna with 3.5 mil however it only opened to about 1200 screens. Popping in at #14 is the dark comedy Choke with 1.3 mil but this one comes in with just under 500 screens. In at #25 is The Lucky Ones with only 208k but also under 500 screens.

Comment Response:
Being in this industry I just get to go and have to attend certain events. Some of these you will find a celeb or two, just depends. I go to functions all the time with no celebs, just a fun time for good causes. It is very random and varies a lot. As to your speaker question, it depends on your budget. I have Bose myself and have had them for YEARS!! However, they are not really designed for in-wall. Now, what I do not know is if the wiring in the wall is just for connecting or if your home is set up for speakers to be put into the walls. Either way, a good site to check out some speakers of various kinds is
ProAcoustics, they carry a very wide range of pro to in-wall speakers. If you want something more simpler, effective and not too crazy in price then I would recommend Bose and what is also nice is they have stores in select malls that you can go and check out their stuff (as well as the big electronic stores).

Other News:

Legendary actor
Paul Newman passed away on Friday after a long battle with cancer. Newman was probably best known recently as the voice of "Doc Hudson" in the animated Pixar feature "Cars." His other notable film credits include such great classics as "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," "The Sting," "The Color of Money," "Cool Hand Luke," "The Hustler," and his Academy performance in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." Newman was also known for all his charity work that he did giving every single cent of profit with the sale of his various "Newman's Own" brand of goods which originally started as a joke. To this day, the organization as donated over $175 million to charities. Newman was also known to shun the "Hollywood" lifestyle and mostly kept to himself, private and most importantly grounded. He was known for keeping a good sense of humor as he told Newsweek in 1994, "I think that my sense of humor is the only thing that keeps me sane." To sum up this man's life would never end and his memory never will. Newman was 83.

Quote of the week:
"The Gods have two ways of dealing harshly with us - the first is to deny us our dreams and the second is to grant them."- Oscar Wilde

Facts & Tips:
The fastest served ball in tennis was clocked at 154 mph in 1963.

"I will perform the opening prayer in the New Latin. Oh ordlay, ivethgay usway ouryay essingsblay. Amen-ay!"- Dick Van Patten as The Abbot in "Robin Hood: Men in Tights."

2 Comments:

At October 01, 2008, Blogger ZAC said...

Thanks for the answers to my questions!!! So you're all over the place and also involved in many charities, I know. NEAT. I've heard the name Bose as we've talked to a few people about speakers...I'll have to price them out then. Our speakers will be in the wall.
I was shocked about Paul Newman because his movies will keep him immortal in our eyes although he's have passed on. I cry when I hear "Nessun dorma" and I remember that Pavarotti is no longer alive. LEGENDS!

 
At October 05, 2008, Blogger ZAC said...

p.s. that is super hot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home