Monday, August 04, 2008

So it seems as if hurricane season is upon us as the southern regions of the US are starting to get hit. Currently a hurricane watch in western Louisiana and eastern Texas are on alert ... it seems as if no matter where you live, you will have some natural disaster potential. West coast we have earthquakes, east coast is massive snowstorms and thunder showers. In the mid-west there are tornadoes and in the south are hurricanes. I guess it just depends on what you are able to put up with.

Weekly Update:
Well compared to the previous week, this past week was a breeze!! It was a very sad week though as Friday was my last day at Fox. On a good note the problem I have been having lately wasn't around but on the sad part is that it was my last day and I did love working on the lot and with all the various departments. For the most part (I would say 80%) I loved what I did but unfortunately the little part did over-shadow everything else not to mention things are bound to only get worse there. So I picked up the last of my things and said my "so long for now" as I will always be in touch with everyone there ... except maybe one if I can avoid it. Not sure what is going to happen there but I do wish them all the best of luck ... they are going to need it.

At the movies:
Yet another winning week for "The Dark Knight" as it takes #1 spot for the 3rd week in a row. Earning another 44 mil and now JUST shy of 400 mil cume! No doubt by the end of this week it will be well into 400+. New at #2 and expected is The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor earns a hefty 42.5 mil. Stepping in at #3 is "Step Brothers" with another 16.3 mil. Holding strong at #4 is "Mamma Mia" with another 13.1 mil and will no doubt hit the 100 mil mark when its done. Rounding off the top 5 is "Journey to the Center of the Earth 3-D" with another 6.9 mil! I still can't believe this movie is in the top 5!!

New movies that did not make the top 5: Looks like just one this week as the Swing Vote comes in at #6 with only 6.3 mil and the race is over for this one.

Quote of the Week:
"I would rather fail in a cause that will ultimately triumph than to triumph in a cause that will ultimately fail." - Woodrow Wilson

Other News:
I found an interesting top 10 list today ... the ten biggest college stadiums across the country. Let's check it out and see if a school near you ranked! #10: UCLA Bruins Rose Bowl (91,500 capacity), #9: USC Trojans Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (92,000), #8: Alabama Crimson Tide Bryant-Denny Stadium (92,138) , #7: LSU Tigers Stadium (92,400), #6: Georgia Bulldogs Sanford Stadium (92,746), #5: Texas Longhorns Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium (94,113), #4: Tennessee Volunteers Neyland Stadium (102,038), #3: Ohio State Buckeyes Ohio Stadium (102,329), #2: Michigan Wolverines Michigan Stadium (106,201), and the #1 largest college stadium in the US is Penn State Nittany Lions Beaver Stadium (107,282).

Facts & Tips:
Knots come out easier if you sprinkle talcum powder on them.

"It looks dead to me."- Ray Wise as Jack Taggart, Sr. in "Jeepers Creepers II."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home