Monday, June 16, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Sunday was Father's Day and I know all the dads in the LA (and probably Southern California) area celebrated well with the LA Lakers beating the Boston Celtics in game 5 as the teams now head back to LA for game 6. LA down 2 to 3 still have a slight chance of hope. Aside from that, Happy Father's Day to all the dad's, grand-dad's and dad's-to-be out there! Hope you had a great day and didn't get too many new ties for the collection.

Weekly Update:
So I thought I would make a minor change in the format of the blog but only a little bit. Instead of "Comment Response" which I do not get many and that is totally cool, I am going to put in a random quote. It may be pro-found, it may be thought provocative ... but in reality it will probably just be plain silly. I think that is what we are going for here when you boil it down, silly and the right to be silly. If you find a quote that is serious, then you have issues all on your own. If I happen to get a comment then I will respond to it if it warrants one but I think I will enjoy the new change and I hope you do too.

At the movies:
Big green takes the box office crown this week as The Incredible Hulk earns only 54.5 million. I say "only" because that number is not great considering the openings of "Iron Man" and other super-hero related titles as of late. I personally do not care for green ... and it looks like a lot others do not either. Holding in at #2 is "Kung Fu Panda" with an extra 34.3 mil and now over the 100 mil cume mark. New at #3 is the latest from M. Night Shyamalan titled The Happening with 30.5 mil. Not a bad number considering his popularity of late has been slightly dwindling a bit. Hanging on to #4 is "You Don't Mess with The Zohan" earning only 16.4 mil and struggling to reach the 100 mil mark. Rounding off the top 5 is "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" with an extra 13.5 mil and now over 275 mil cume. This film will end very strong but I think its time for it to be beamed up.

Quote of the Week:
"The language you are about to hear ... is disturbing." - Dave Chappelle

Other News:
The US President visits Europe for the last time as our current Commander-in-Chief. During his entire visit, it was riddled with protests and very poor public opinion as he met with other Presidents and dignitaries. We all know how support for the president has effected other leaderships such as England's former Prime Minister Tony Blair. I do credit Bush for his downfall and departure from his position. I wish Europe would actually keep Bush and give us one of their leaders ... sort of like a sister-city exchange program!! Why not a country-sister exchange program for the remainder of this term!! Come on, Germany, you know you want to!!

Facts & Tips:
To fix a button about to fall off, dab a little clear nail polish over the threads holding it on.

"Seriously, what is wrong with you?"- Peter Berg as "Pistol" Pete Deeks in "Smokin' Aces."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home