Monday, June 09, 2008

Have you ever driven down a busy street and there are big bushy trees along the side ... then you notice the tree's leaves and branches on the side of the road have taken the shape of an "7" because of all the trucks and semi's that have driven by them. I think it is both interesting and very funny how they look with one side having the form of the trucks and the other perfectly rounded. Next time you are driving around and see trees that have their leaves and branches on the road-side and it is also a truck route, check it out.

Weekly Update:
So a few months ago, actually several years ago, I started a hobby painting miniature ships of the World War II era. Originally I did this several years ago, at least 10 and did about 6 ships of a mix between American and Japanese. The thing about that is when I first did it, I would just spray paint them one solid color and then that was it. After that, I sort of put that hobby away and kind of forgot about it till about the start of this year when it resurfaced for me. I went back and re-painted the ones I did with different grey schemes based no their country and I even painted the decks in brown along with some other painting techniques to draw out more details in the ships. I eventually mounted them on magnet bases with some waves and such and have the makings to re-create some historic battles. I think I have a total of about 31 ships from battleships, carriers to subs and from countries like the US, Japanese, Great Britain, Italy and Germany. Kind of neat if you ask me.

At the movies:
No surprise here as one of the first animated films of the summer takes the box office crown. The action of Kung Fu Panda chops in with 60 million to kick it's self into the summer. In at #2 is another action comedy of You Don't Mess With the Zohan showing up with 40 mil. Holding ground at #3 is "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" with an extra 22.8 mil and a big cume of over 253 mil. Big drop to #4 and no surprise is "Sex and the City: The Movie" with another 21.3 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "The Strangers" with only 9.3 mil.

Comment Response:
None at this time.

Other News:
Looks like the political race for the White House has been drawn as Senator Hillary Clinton has bowed out of the Presidential prospects. What started off as a strong and promising campaign, she signs out with head held high and hopefully not the end of her political future for a White House goal. Obama had a strong start as well and his momentum was filled with ups and downs while Clinton's seemed to stay steady for the most part. Was the US ready for its first female Commander-in-Chief? I think so, we are in a new era and century ... I think we are ready and she would have been the best one to lead that change. Now as Obama leads the Democratic Party into the race for the White House against an aged and "old school" Republican Party ... I think the race won't even be close. While the Dem's push for change and bringing the US back under control, the Republicans are set on keeping things the way they are such as Iraq and I believe the American people are done with all of that. If Clinton was still in the race, or Obama, either way we will see history in the making.

Facts & Tips:
Sound travels quicker in water than in air.

"You're gonna get hurt!"- Kevin Durand as Booth from "Walking Tall."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home