Monday, May 19, 2008

HEAT WAVE!!! Wow this week we hit some record breaking numbers but I guess it just goes to show you that summer is HERE!! Sunday I was out in the "valley" as we call which is short for San Fernando Valley and it reached 103 degrees. Luckily I was in the shade most of the time but still it was scorching. Back in the OC it almost hit 100 a few times but remained in the 90's, phew ... I am convinced AC is an act of divine pity upon us ... and I will take it!

Weekly Update:
This past week had a cool moment, my friend was doing some special project on the set of the TV show Bones and I got to meet and chat with T.J. Thyne who is on the show. VERY nice and cool guy. The set was pretty cool too although I have seen it before (without anyone knowing) but this time was better because I didn't have to "sneak" around ... not that I was sneaking around the last time.

At the movies:

Royalty at the box office this weekend as The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian takes the crown with a decent summer opener of 56.6 million. Still showing strong at #2 is "Iron Man" with another 31.2 mil and well over 222 mil cume. Holding strong at #3 is "What Happens in Vegas" with an extra 13.9 mil. Big drop to #4 is "Speed Racer" with only 7.6 mil and it may never see the checkered flag. Rounding off the top 5 is "Baby Mama" with another 4.6 mil and just short of a 50 mil cume but I am sure it will get there very soon.

Comment Response:
None at this time.


Other News:
One of the more recent big news stories is the earthquake that hit China earlier in the week which now has an estimated death toll of 50,000 people and who knows how many injured and homeless. Throw on top of that people still missing and thought to be dead as rescue efforts continue amidst the very poor health conditions as a result of the quake. Ranging from lack of food to finding fresh water and medicines. Sunday the country started
3-days of national mourning as flags flew half-staffed and public entertainment cancelled. The Olympic torch relay was also suspended as part of the observance. Such a huge tragedy and soon it will be too late for hope to find any additional survivors.

Facts & Tips:

The first country to use postcards was Austria.


"I am about to revolutionize the scaring industry, and when I do, even the great James P. Sullivan is gonna be working of me."- Steve Buscemi as Randall Boggs in "Monsters, Inc."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home