Monday, August 18, 2008

I have to say this blog site ... sucks. It does a lot of stupid annoying things like double spaces all my work after I save it, leave, then come back. What is the deal with that?? That is just the latest problem as it still auto saves (which is fine) but after it does that you can't save it without typing something in if you want to leave. What I mean by that is if it auto saves, you decide to exit out, well the work will be gone because the auto save does squat!! It only REALLY saves if you hit the save button and that of course works about 90% of the time ... 90 is good but it should be 100%!!! Google sucks.

Weekly Update:
So we have gone through a second weekend of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China and there is just under a week left before it all comes to an end till 2012. One of the big stories is the remarkable swimmer Michael Phelps who now holds not only many swimming world records but also for most Gold Medals in one Olympic year by a US athlete (formerly held by fellow American Mark Spitz from the 1972 Munich games with 7 Gold Medals). Phelps has tied with USSR gymnast Alexander Dityatin for most medals by any athlete in a single Olympics (1980). Phelps does currently hold the record for most Olympic Gold Medals with a career tally of 14, making him the most successful Olympian to date.

At the movies:
No surprise here as the movie about making a movie, Tropic Thunder takes the box office crown with an opening weekend of 26 million. Holding strong yet again is "The Dark Knight" with an extra 16.8 mil and a cume now of over 470 mil. New at #3 is Star Wars: The Clone Wars with 15.5 mil. This animated disappointment will probably hit DVD and TV by Thanksgiving, no doubt in time for more home sales. In at #4 is the horror suspense Mirrors with 11.1 mil. Rounding off the top 5 is "Pineapple Express" with 10 mil.

Quote of the week:
"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better." - Pat Riley

Other News:
It seems as of late the attention from Iraq has been drawn away with so many domestic problems, the upcoming election and the Olympics not only on the US but the world radar. This past weekend some sectarian violence broke out in a small northwestern town and has been seeing much violence since last April. I think another thing that has shifted our attention away from this kind of thing is also the on-going issue with gas prices and how its effecting our economy not to mention all the real estate issues ... I am sure Bush is loving it and since he is a lame duck anyway, why not spend time at the Olympics and enjoy yourself will your country is falling apart. Honestly, I am sure almost anyone would do the same thing if they only had a few months left at the job anyway. But there is some good news ... if you can call it good. In June, the US death toll in Iraq per day was down to one per day instead of the normal two to three! In July it was down to one every two days however currently in August it is back up to one per day. Those numbers are sadly very good to hear because around this time last year it was close to four US Soldiers killed per day.

Facts & Tips:
At birth a human has 350 bones, but only 206 bones when full grown.

"Pork chops and applesauce. Isn't that swell?" - Christopher Knight as Peter Brady in the TV series "The Brady Bunch."

3 Comments:

At August 21, 2008, Blogger ZAC said...

Okay okay!!! I thought you had blocked comments. I was wrong (and I bet you think I'm stupid!)! I pick and choose what I read. Please forgive me.
I just wanted to say that I liked the "Clone Wars"! Although Anakin and Obi Wan looked cross-eyed, I thought the story was suspenseful and I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat! What didn't you like about it?

 
At August 24, 2008, Blogger ZAC said...

Tony, check your blog!!!!

 
At August 24, 2008, Blogger ZAC said...

Can you believe you have 3 comments? I think your blog is freakin' awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home