Friday, June 09, 2006

TIMBER!!!

There is a lot of construction going on around work, mostly with lumber. I think they are building sets for either 1) upcoming movies or 2) sets for the Fall season of TV. I am not sure which but there is a good and bad to this. The bad being the noise, hearing saws and bandsaws going off in the high pitch hum, a little distracting while you are on the phone or just simply trying to work. The good though is there is a nice sawdust scent as you walk around the area ... its a pleasant scent.
Weekly Recap:
Traveled to San Francisco and to UC Davis from Thursday to Sunday ... have to hit
the usual haunts such as Gordo's ... the best Mexican burritos and quesadilla's I have ever had!! Its a "must stop at ..." everytime I go. You know, in SF I can get lost VERY easily but no matter what, I can always find my way to
Gordo's ... odd. There is only 3 to 5 of them up north and 2 in the city (that I know of). So if you are in the area, visit Gordo's but be warned ... the carnitas quesadilla is HUGE and a meal in itself. And all for a very reasonable price. The one I stop at is on Geary and 19th Street.

At the movies:

Well this is a bit of a surprise but "Cars" takes the #1 spot with a photo finish of 33.4
million (-32%) just beating out the new kid Nacho Libre with its (probably disappointing) 28.6 opening. I guess the Jack Black laffer wasn't able to bring in the crowds ParaWorks hoped
it would. A BIG surprise is the #3 seat with The Fast and The Furious: Toyko Drift speeding in with 23.1 mil, seeing as the 2nd one didn't fair to well they bring in the a third ... go figure but I suspect a big drop next week from this one but it probably exceeds all opening expectations. The Lake House floats in at #4 with a like-able 13.5 million and rounding off the top 5 is "The Break-Up" with an additional 9.4 million. Other big openings not in the top 5 is Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties which shows up at #7 dragging in what the cat coughed up at 7.1 million.

Q&A:
None at this time.

Other News:
I found this amusing on the radio on Sunday that Bush is not going to let what the polls say on when he will bring back the troops from Iraq ... duh! I mean when did he ever read or listen to a poll?? If that was the case, he would be out of office still. I believe currently no President in US history has ever had an approval rating so low before and it continues to drop. On top of that, gas companies say they can not lower their profit margin to lower the cost at the pump because it will effect supply and demand ... what?! Their solution is to increase supply and the Bush adminstration has approved of exploratory oil research sites in areas that were deemed national preserves and wildlife reserves ... I am shocked though because this will be the first campaign promise Bush has lived up to ... but will our national wildlife and forest be gone within 10 to 20 years? Funny how little to no funds/help is given to private/public industries who are looking at alternative fuel sources.

Facts & Tips:
A banana is a giant herb.

"Well, if I am to die on my first day in Paris; at least it will be at the hands of a Musketeer"- Michael York as D'Artagnan in "The Three Musketeers".

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2006, Blogger Samara Oz said...

What a specific definition for herb! That's what botanists are for, I guess. Herb simply derives from "l'herbe" or grass in French; hence the difficulty with English speakers who don't know whether to pronounce the "h" or not. I don't, but Martha Stewart has certainly influenced many people to do so!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home