Friday, April 28, 2006

Quaker instant Oatmeal Express ...

We have these little cups of Oatmeal at work that all you do is add hot water. Nice, simple, easy and ready to eat in about a minute. What I don't understand about these things is that there is a little dotted line halfway up to where you fill the water too. When you do that you stir it up and it doesn't rise past that dotted line ... WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE CONTAINER?! There should be more oatmeal or something. Don't give me this little container and then cut me off halfway with no more to eat. Just another thing that doesn't make sense to me I guess ... there are a lot of those in the world.

Weekly Recap:
So I went ahead and signed up for the Improv classes. Its a total of 4 classes every Tuesday night from 7 to 10pm. Its nice because its near work but on the way home sort of. Also nice because the class size is very small so its not as intimidating. We were told on the 22nd of May we are suppose to do this family and friends showcase ... wha?! Well I think it is optional and I am just doing this for fun. I will miss the next class however because I got invited to the Saturn Awards ... never been but hey, be interesting to go to a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Award Show.

I also moved into my new office last Tuesday (aka the former kitchen). Its nice, small but not too small ... about the same size as my office at MGM. No windows but I look out my door to a window in which I see a tree and a soundstage beyond that ... so no real view. I do have a skylight which is nice though.


I saw an improv show on Saturday which was really fun. My friend Bill Chott's Musicale! show filled with song and sketches all inter-mixed together based off of one topic provided by the studio audience ... Missouri! Shows every Saturday through May at 8pm at the IOWest on Hollywood Blvd. Fun times! Also that night I ran into David Koechner who was very cool.

At the movies:

Robin Williams with his film RV takes the box office crown this weekend opening with 16.4 million. Those numbers are very decent considering the film is nothing of substance. The #2 spot was United 93 (one-sheet image to the right), a very tough film (from what I hear) to watch but still well done. It sweeps in at 11.6 million but what is interesting about this number is that it only played on half the number of screens RV did. Stick It starring Jeff Bridges takes #3 with 11.2 million, respectable number. Filling out the top 5 are Silent Hill at the #4 spot with a cool 9.3 million and Scary Movie 4 closes up with #5.

Q&A:
Not really questions but some comments. Regarding the Improv classes ... you know I don't really consider myself funny but I just like to have fun. But the classes are not really focused on how to be funny but just to be honest and that there are no real mistakes.

It was also brought to my attention regarding one of my previous blogs about chocolate. Apparently the white stuff on the outside is cocoa butter that seperates itself given time and forms that white residue (although still safe to consume). Thanks to someone I know as Liaster and Alton Brown.

Other News:
So all the big talk these days is the rise of gas prices at the pump and how the oil companies are posting record breaking profits this quarter. Its no surprise they are if the prices are increasing yet everyone still buys gas instead of carpooling or taking public transportation if they can. So how can they complain that much? My ideal situation would be gas at the level its at and more people taking public transportation. This would make my commute so much nicer and in the long run I would then save gas because of no traffic! I don't mind paying 3 to 4 bucks a gallon to make this happen!!! But on the flip side I do disagree with the way things are going. What is also sad is the role the president is playing in all of this. Naturally he has interests in the oil companies hence no real federal help in this situation. In fact he is urging the lift of environmental restrictions on gas production and opening up the Alaskan parks which have proven to be rich in oil deposits. When the last oil crisis hit which was ... hmmm, during the 1st Gulf War? Or maybe right after that ... I can't remember now but either Bush Sn or Clinton released millions of barrels from the federal reserve which dropped gas prices way down and it eventually leveled off to a reasonable figure. Bush jr instead reduces the amount that goes into the federal reserve which kind of means nothing. Its like planting one tree in a million acre forest fire.

Facts and Tips:
Children grow faster in the spring.

"Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo? It'll be spring soon. And the orchards will be in blossom. And the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields... and eating the first of the strawberries with cream. Do you remember the taste of strawberries?" - Sean Astin as Samwise Gamgee in "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King".

2 Comments:

At May 01, 2006, Blogger Samara Oz said...

You know, I bet the oatmeal containers have to be that big so the oatmeal company avoids lawsuits from idiots who manage to burn themselves while making/eating the product.

Caution: HOT

McDuck, did you know that when gas prices are high, everyone who lives in Texas oil country profits? It's a big conspiracy. Quack, quack!

 
At July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home