Saturday, March 18, 2006

Home sweet home ...

Vegas is fun and all but after 2 or 3 days of it, its time to come home. Unfortunately I did not have that option and I returned yesterday (Friday). I did get sick with a cold so this weekend is all about the recovery so I can go back to work on Monday (weeee).

This was my first ShoWest with Fox and it was a busy one. Funny, I thought naps were never really a big thing to try and get one ... I sure was wrong. The nice thing about working for Fox with this convention is that you actually get to stay at the hotel the convention was at! That was probably the biggest gripe I had when with MGM and how we always had to stay at the MGM Grand with the convention at the Paris. But anyway, another convention down ... and I am exhausted.

Thursday was the final night dinner awards for the convention and this was also my first time in the "Green" room. That was cool but it also was a bit crowded. My guess is 75% exhibitors, 14% studios, 10% press (which is very odd) and workers with 1% celebs. Thanks to a good friend, I was able to get a small handful of photos with some of the award winners! I did miss two big names that were there but oh well, what can you do.
"No capes!"- Brad Bird as the voice of Edna Mode from "The Incredibles".

2 Comments:

At March 19, 2006, Blogger yo said...

Female Star of tomorrow? Who is she?

 
At March 19, 2006, Blogger Samara Oz said...

Tony, is Dakota supposed to be best female star of tomorrow, since she is the child and Jennifer is in her twenties?

I liked Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, even though I don't like the X-Men movies much. I decided I really liked him after seeing clips of him in "Oklahoma;" wow, an actor with actual talent!

So, what percentages did you expect in the green room? I would think a green room would have more celebs and fewer hangers-on. Otherwise, what's the point?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home