Sunday, March 05, 2006

My First blog ... wow, how exciting is this. I will hopefully learn how to input photos eventually but I am not that tech savy, eh!

I'm not sure how often I will blog either but at least I have a space to do so and ... well ... bore the minds of everyone, then I shall take over the world!!!

For starters ... why "Duckburg Gazette"? Well, why not? I am a big fan of Scrooge McDuck and from the series of DuckTales they lived in Duckburg ... well Duckburg must have had a local paper right? Chances are it was called Duckburg _____ . I just simply put in Gazette because to me it sounded more ... duckish? So with that, is the story of the "Duckburg Gazette" and history was made ... (fade to black).

About me- maybe some other time.

What to blog about? To Blog or not to Blog, that is the question ... hence, we blog. I would like to blog about my day last Wednesday (3/1/06). I got invited to the IATSE (cinematographer's union) Publicist Awards luncheon. It was a pretty cool event and I have never been before. Jimmy Kimmel was the host and he was really good at it too. He said we should all spread the word and how the Academy Awards are called "Oscars", the Publicist Award should be called "The Pubie" and I agree! Nice ring, easy to remember and just plain fun!! So back to the award luncheon, presenters and other guests included: Teri Hatcher (kind of annoying), Hillary Swank (The Next Karate Kid!!), someone from a soap opera, Delta Burke (nice person), Marcia Gay Harden (nice person) and KIRK DOUGLAS (WOW). I got lucky during this lunch and snapped a photo with:
  • Delta Burke
  • Marcia Gay Harden

Some folks from WB won an award and they mentioned Dan Fellman a couple of times. That was pretty cool they remembered the distribution side of the business. Plus he is the dad of my former boss Brett who was an awesome boss among bosses.

That is about it, I typically do not write much because I simply don't have much to say. But this being the first blog and all I felt ... I don't know, fingers have a mind of their own sometimes. So in closing my first blog I would like to say ...

"MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY CHRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTMAS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!" - Santa Clause in "Santa Clause Conquers the Martians".

1 Comments:

At March 08, 2006, Blogger Samara Oz said...

McDuck! You know, since I never took German and was confused about the -burg/-berg thing, I will always remember you as being the person to explain for me the distinction. And Delta Burke? I love her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home