Monday, April 03, 2006

April showers ...

A rainy day here in SoCali but I like it because over the winter it was nothing but sun and too warm! But as I mentioned before, our weather here has been really screwy.

Weekly recap:
Nothing really is going on or anything worth mentioning ... its been a semi-busy week with work stuff but other than that the rest of it was very quiet. I like quiet, I miss quiet. Its rare that those times come around so I am going to take advantage of them and just ... be lazy. Watched several episodes of
A&E's Horatio Hornblower
... good stuff.

At the movies:
So
Ice Age: The Meltdown opened this past weekend to 71.0 million, that is an amazing number considering its a non-holiday time period. Other movies that opened were the urban drama ATL (over 10 million) and the thriller Basic Instinct 2 which scraped a meager 2 million at the box office. I can not tell you how bad that is and its that bad! I think the cost of film printing and shipping was near 3 million if that tells you anything. This remake is 14 years too late.

The new
The Simpons The Movie trailer debuted along with Ice Age. This is a movie that has been discussed for so many years and I hope its not too late. The trailer is very simple and also very funny! I can not wait to see this one when its ready to view. The show itself is at or over 18 seasons which means 18 years. I am not sure if that number includes the short skits on the old Tracey Ullman Show. They also recently signed a deal for 2 more years for the show ... 20 YEARS!!

Q&A:
None this time around.

Other News:
Today is the official first day of baseball ... weeee, after today there is like only a gazillion games left to play. If a game gets rained out, gazillion and one. I am not a baseball fan because the games are just too slow and there are too many of them. But, there is something about being at a stadium and having a hotdog or nachos there.


Facts and Tips:
A goldfish's attention span is three seconds.

Did you remember to set your clock ahead an hour? Yep, daylight savings was Sunday were we "spring ahead" ... I hate that but what can you do. I know Arizona doesn't observe this and I am sure all across the world doesn't either. We American's are an odd lot.

"These are new times, Mr. Simpson. You have no hold over us here."- Ioan Gruffudd as Midshipman Horatio Hornblower in "Horatio Hornblower: The Duel"

2 Comments:

At April 11, 2006, Blogger Samara Oz said...

Adena, as a child, used to imitate Tracy Ullman when she put on her bathrobe after a shower: "Go home, people" complete with British accent.

I think that my brother Lars is Horatio Hornblower.

I think that I am a reincarnation of a goldfish.

 
At April 11, 2006, Blogger McDuck said...

NO WAY ... Adena use to do that?!? That is AWESOME!!!

haha .. Lars is Horatio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home