Monday, July 29, 2024

drip drip drip

Wow what a week this has been and I'm so glad it's over.  So a few things that happened... work had mass overtime but in the end, didn't need it but oh well, what can you do.  Then I was supposed to go to a charity poker tournament but had to cancel because.. early Wednesday morning I heard a kind of clicking sound... and when I say early, it was before 5:30AM. I did have the ceiling fan so I turned it off thinking it was that... I could still her a clicking like sound and then thought oh no... I bet I know what it is!  Sure enough, the fire sprinkler near the fan was dripping.  GAH, I hate when that happens because it can only be repaired by someone certified so you can't just call a plumber but someone even more specialized (aka more expensive).  So after some phone calls, the fitting was cracked and it took about 3 hours to finish everything.  By the time they were done, it was already past 5PM and no way I was going to get up to Paramount Studios for the charity event.  But now I'm paranoid about the other 20-some odd sprinklers in the house and if it will happen to one of them soon.  I may look into replacing them all by the end of the year though.

Weekly Update:

Cooler it is but not by much... so late in the week it did drop in temps which felt nice but the lack of breezes always are what makes the difference.  We hit low 90's earlier in the week but by end it was low 80's.  However, the nights remained nice and cool in the 60's to low 70's which is nice and able to keep my windows open at night.  Once (or twice) it felt super great when a few breezes kicked in and almost got chilly!  Funny how just a puff of air can change everything.  By the way I'm not sure if this image I selected is a logo or just a cool graphic but either way, it's kind of nice and cool (pun intended).

At the movies:

BIG weekend as Deadpool & Wolverine dominate the box office with a whopping 205 million!  Could this be a billion dollar box office when it is said and done?  Very possible and strong positive word-of-mouth and repeat business will get it there.  Dropping down to #2 is Twisters with another 35.3 mil as it surpasses the 100 mil mark and on a steady course to hit 200.  Still in the mix at #3 is Despicable Me 4 with 14.2 mil and now just inches away from 300 mil, could get that in a week.  Holding on to #4 is Inside Out 2 with an extra 8.3 mil as it breaks the 600 mil mark but unlikely to get too much further.  Still an incredible run!  Rounding off the top 5 is Longlegs with 6.8 mil and probably will drop out very soon.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Two this week, in at #8 is The Fabulous Four with only 1 mil to open and under 1,000 per screen average so will quickly disappear.  In at #10 is Raayan with only 378k but the release pattern was very limited.

Quote of the week:
"Freedom is never given; it is won." - A. Philip Randolph

Facts & Tips:

In Japan, letting a sumo wrestler make your baby cry is considered good luck.

"Jeez, Mr. Bayfield, we can't be talking about the same singer. I mean, her vocal cords, they don't phonate freely. Her phrasing is haphazard. As for her sub-glottal pressure... it defies medical science." - Simon Helberg as Cosme McMoon in Florence Foster Jenkins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home