Monday, July 01, 2024

Spam me

HOT!  Wow did it heat up even more this week!!  Several days the temps reached above 90 and it felt like it.  Though I will say it was a nicer dry heat as you wouldn't necessarily sweat if you didn't do anything, just super warm if you did.  Fortunately for the most part I was indoors the entire week but the AC had to turn on a few times which is something I prefer not to run due to electricity is probably the most expensive utility we have out here.  I will say the heat has brought some classic internet clips from the past and one in particular of a young girl (maybe high-teenage or early 20's) saying how NASA said it was too hot to travel to the Sun, have they thought about going at night.  Yep, someone actually said that!  Many people are really dumb and I fear they are growing and growing in numbers.  No common sense, no basic science knowledge, no math knowledge, no nothing.

Weekly Update:

It seems like there is a big increase in spam or junk emails lately.  I used to only get a dozen a day maybe but recently I have counted closed to 50 per day, usually more between afternoon and night.  I do have a spam blocker and also use a program called Unroll me which unsubscribes me to things but where is it all coming from?  Now when I check my spam folder I just empty it and there is at least over 30 to 60 per day in there.  When I take a small glance at them, a lot are trump ones which are auto-garbage to begin with but then there is a hodge-podge of ones coming from me apparently, my compromised Netflix account (though I don't have one), packages at the post office (sure, just drop it off then) and another compromised Amazon Prime account (again, don't have one).  So do they think I will actually click that link or call them?  I guess some do if the do have those things but if you just look at the the reply email or where it came from, sorry but 12315e14@1112 dot com isn't a legit email source from either Netflix or Amazon.  If you just take a mere second to look, you will see and delete it.  But regardless it is very annoying and I'm glad I have multiple players of spam blockers and protection so it doesn't get into my regular emails.

At the movies:

For a 3rd week in a row, Inside Out 2 holds on the #1 spot with an extra 57.4 million and now in striking distance of 500 mil.  At it's current rate it should get there by end of this coming holiday weekend with no trouble at all.  New at #2 is A Quiet Place: Day One with 53 mil to open and a decent number, enough to earn it #2 at least.  Also new at #3 is Horizon: An American Saga - Chapter 1 with 11 mil and the title doesn't represent the box office unfortunately.  Long title, small box office and Chapter 2 is slated to open in August which may not do anything.  Drop down to #4 is Bad Boys: Ride or Die with 10.3 mil and still on track to hit 200.  New at #5 is Kalki 2898 AD with 5.4 mil to open and will likely be out of the top 5 by next week.

Quote of the week:
"Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it." - Karl A. Menninger

Facts & Tips:
At birth a Dalmatian is always pure white.

"Green-blooded hobgoblin." - Karl Urban as Leonard 'Bones' McCoy in Star Trek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home