Monday, June 03, 2024

What about the drugs?

It continues to be very cloudy here in both Los Angeles and Orange County areas.  I guess this is the "June gloom" they talk about but we've only had 2-days of June so far.  More warmer weather is predicted later in this coming week but I felt like it was supposed to do that this past week but didn't.  It did show us hitting 80's toward the end of the week but we have managed to maintain staying in the low to mid 70's at our peak.  Normal temps remain in the high 60's and night as low as 59 so not sure if this is still Winter or what?  But the overcast every morning till usually about 1 or 2PM is strange.  I like it because it feels cool, almost cold that I need to close up the windows and everything to keep it from freezing inside the house!  At least my heater did not trigger this week but curious to see what next week brings and if it will warm up at all or stay this nice and crisp cold longer.

Weekly Update:

I may have talked about this before or at least just of one of the many medicines out there but Advil vs Tylenol.  I use these for different things, some more specific than others but I'm not even sure if I am using them right!  Ok, Advil is my go-to over-the-counter (OTC) med for like muscle aches and pains.  Mostly if like my neck and/or shoulders are sore, legs from a ton of walking and to possibly prevent overnight cramping up, and my arms feel weaker in the joints.  Now Tylenol I will use if I feel a sore throat or possible cold symptoms developing.  I will use things like Tums, Rolaids and/or Pepto for any stomach issues I have.. depending on where I am.  For example I keep Rolaids in the car and if I feel my stomach being a bit uneasy while driving, Rolaids it is!  I also find them more effective than Tums but I keep Tums near my desk.  Costco sells the big bottle of them for a pretty cheap price but I can feel the difference between those two brands as Tums don't feel as immediate or effective as Rolaids but still help a little.  The best one is Pepto and I'll take it at night if I need to but that is rare.

At the movies:

Sneaking up to #1 in it's 2nd week is The Garfield Movie with an extra 14 million but still won't reach that 100 mil mark, just barely making 50 mil cume.  Also bumping up a notch to #2 is IF with another 10.8 mil and this could hit that 100 mil mark on it's present course.  Drop down to #3, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga with 10.8 mil and also won't hit the 100 mil mark either much like Garfield.  Holding at #4 is Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes with 8.8 mil and overall did well at the box office.  Holding at #5 and rounding off the weekend is The Fall Guy with 4.2 mil and will end up shy of 100 mil when all said and done.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Several this week with over 1200+ screens each!  At #7 is Haikyu! The Dumpster Battle with 3.5 mil and a poor per screen of only $3000, this will fade out fast.  Coming at #8 is In a Violent Nature with 2.1 mil and not even half of the per screen of Haikyu!  And coming in at #9 is Ezra with 1.2 mil and a per screen of only $897 which isn't worth turning on the projector for at many locations.

Quote of the week:
"Be not simply good - be good for something." - Henry David Thoreau

Facts & Tips:
A flipped coin is more likely to land on the side it started on.

"Call me Iceman." - Shawn Ashmore as Bobby 'Iceman' Drake in X2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home