Monday, May 27, 2024

Winter came... and hasn't left yet.

Brrrr it's cold outside!  This week felt like a low-key Winter!!  Had some drizzling a couple of days, even woke up a morning with the ground covered in water.  But for the most part it remained in the 60's during the day and some nights high 50's.  Next does forecast for temps in the high 70's so we'll see if that happens but I am enjoying this unseasonably cold to cooler weather.  Enjoying while I can at least and the funny thing is my gas bill for the past month was less than $3, and I know my heater has been going on a few times too.  Better than the AC because electricity is way more which... I kind of find that funny because if you think about it gas is a limited resource in that we do not create gas but find it.  And then with electricity we create it by generators or solar so in theory that is endless yet cost 10x more than the limited resource.  Funny how that works.

Weekly Update:

Another trip to Costco this past weekend and it was PACKED as always... but now that I think about it, I completely forgot it was a holiday weekend for Memorial Day!  Ok now it is making sense why it was so much more packed than normal  However, despite how packed it was, I still managed to get a really nice spot pretty close to the front and what was even nicer, I parked right next to the shopping cart rack or where you can return carts to.  Why is this such a great spot?  Well for many reasons... when I go back to my car, I don't have to find or go far to put my shopping cart away when I'm done.  When others are leaving, they won't leave their carts in-between cars or something because the cart rack is right there.  And, you know no one can park next to you on at least one side of your car.  I mean honestly it's a win all around if you manage to get one of those spots.

At the movies:

Driving it's way to #1 this holiday weekend is Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga earning a lowkey 25.6 million.  A bit disappointing opening weekend for a big budget film after it's predecessor had opened to almost double that.  New at a very close #2 is The Garfield Movie with 24.8 mill and a very solid number for this movie and franchise.  Drop down to #3 is IF with 16.1 mil and appears at this rate it may not hit the 100 mil benchmark. Also dropping down to #4 is Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes with 13.4 mil extra and holding steady on this present course. Rounding off the top 5 is The Fall Guy with another 5.9 mil and will disappear soon.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week coming in at #7 is Sight earning only 2.7 mil for a wide-release pattern film.  Probably will be gone from theatres quickly as we head into Summer time!

Quote of the week:
"Appearances are a glimpse of the unseen." - Anaxagoras

Facts & Tips:
If you could drive your car upwards, you would be in space in less than an hour.

"It is no more crazy than a dog finding a rainbow. Dogs are colorblind, Gretchen.  They don't see color. Just like we don't see time.  We can feel it, we can feel it passing, but we can't see it. It's just like a blur. It's like we're riding in a supersonic train and the world is just blowing by, but imagine if we could stop that train, eh, Gretchen? Imagine if we could stop that train, get out, look around, and see time for what it really is? A universe, a world, a thing as unimaginable as color to a dog, and as real, as tangible as that chair you're sitting in. Now if we could see it like that, really look at it, then maybe we could see the flaws as well as the form. And that's it, it's that simple. That's all I discovered. I'm just a guy... a guy who saw a crack in a chair that no one else could see. I'm that dog who saw a rainbow, only none of the other dogs believed me. - Liev Schreiber as Stuart Besser in Kate & Leopold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home