Monday, April 22, 2024

Cold... again?

Our temps here in SoCali are dropping again but nothing to extreme.  I thought we usually are a bit warmer and more rain in April (you know that whole April Showers bit)?  But last week we hit in the 70's during the day which seemed pretty normal but this week it is showing to be in the 60's but then at night, low 50's... that is pretty cold.  Also it's been breezy lately which I like but that makes it even colder by at least 5 to 10 degrees more.  I'm glad I bought a big box of hot chocolate off of Amazon (sugar free of course) and some whipped cream from Costco, though I may need more soon.  That stuff lasts forever in the fridge (well, a very very long time).  I did use up my marshmallows but you know what, I am not a big fan of that in hot chocolate because they don't melt... they are weird little floating things.

Weekly Update:

So completed two weeks of this trial for jury duty and starting week three... and I noticed something after the 2nd week, my eyes are hurting!  They crank on the AC (probably to keep us awake and alert) but it's extremely dry in the room.  And, we have to look at these low-res (definitely not high definition) screen in the front of the room as they show us evidence usually emails and letters so we are trying to read all these letters and with the dryness in the room, my eyes are straining. I noticed it when I got got back to work on Thursday last week and was looking at my computer screen, the entire day it was so blurry and hurting trying to read it.  The following days it was back to normal but is this going to happen again come Monday and after this week of jury duty?  I'm not sure how to prevent this, my eyes don't feel dry but I know they are suffering from the side-effects of having dry eyes.  I'm tired.

At the movies:

Holding on to the #1 spot for a 2nd week is Civil War with 11.1 million and so far getting decent word-of-mouth.  Unlikely will hit 100 but still good numbers for this time of year between Easter and Summer.  New at #2 is Abigail with 10.2 mil and really not a whole lot on this film, could be a fast burn out.  Slight dip to #3 is Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire with 9.5 mil and could still possibly reach 200 if it stays on this course. New at #4 is The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare with only 9 mil to open.  Not a good number at all for this film, almost kind of fits in line with League of Extraordinary Gentleman, may become just a cult following movie.  New at #5 is Spy x Family Code: White with 4.9 mil and another one that will probably burn out fast from the box office.

Quote of the week:
"Better remain silent, better not even think, if you are not prepared to act." - Annie Besant.

Facts & Tips:
A cat's nose is ridged with a unique pattern, just like a human fingerprint.

"In Virginia, high school football is a way of life, it's bigger than Christmas day. My daddy coached in Alexandria. He worked so hard my momma left him, but I stayed with coach, he needed me on that field." - Hayden Panettiere as Sheryl Yoast in Remember the Titans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home