Monday, April 29, 2024

Sleepy tired, again

This week has been nothing short of draining! I think between work, other work and jury duty, I have been so tired.  Oh and I had visitors the last two weekends too!  So played host a little bit since they were from out of town. I think with all of that combined, I am just drained!  This past week I still woke up about 6AM with no alarm on and I just laid in bed till 9 or 10AM doing nothing.  I did want to sleep more but couldn't. There is a chance my trial I am serving on could be over this coming week so I hope that is true then I can try and get back into my normal schedule grove again.  Funny how a disruption can throw everything out of whack but then again, I guess that is why it's called a disruption.  I wouldn't mind a weekend vacation of just sleeping in a hotel room the entire time and have food brought to me... that actually sounds pretty good right about now.


Weekly Update:

I've been trying to eat more salads and price shopping on places who make them and are good.  I know I can make them myself for way less but my biggest problem is one head of lettuce can last me about 5-days worth of salads.  But by the time the 5th day is around, the lettuce isn't as crisp or even welted by then and not nearly as good.  So been shopping around and this is what I've come up with so far...

  • Subway: $8.99, decent size and very tasty!  I would say overall good value but the lettuce is mostly shredded since it's the same they put on the sandwiches which isn't terrible but not used to it for a salad.
  • Pieology: $9.45, fair, not the best salad I've had and they now charge an $1.00 for dressing so a very incomplete meal.  For a complete salad then it starts at $10.45
  • Panera: $12.45 (around) and excellent.  Price to portion size is fair and if it was say $10.99 then I would get it all the time from there.
  • Red Robin: $14.99 but a hefty portion size.  Overall delicious and on par with a burger in terms of price to quantity ratio.  Now if this was a $12 salad I would definitely go more often!
  • Costco: $6.99 and BEST value for price to quantity.  The chicken in their salads are huge chunks and I wanted to get one the other day but they were out!
Other places I want to try but haven't yet is The Habit Burger, their salad looks good.

At the movies:

Some shaking up at the box office this week!  New at #1 is Challengers with a fair 15 million to open.  Not a bad number for an April release as we are post-Easter and pre-Summer right now.  New at #2 is Unsung Hero with 7.8 mil and only half of the #1 spot, this may be a fast burn out.  Holding to #3 is Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire with 7.2 mil extra and now shy of 200 mil cume, likely to possibly get there in the next 10-14 days.  Big drop down to #4 is Civil War with 7 mil and is quickly and quietly burning out.  Drop down to #5 is Abigail with 5.3 mil and this one will disappear pretty soon as well.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Only one this week at #10 is Boy Kills World with 1.7 mil to open and it was also on a wide release pattern to.

Quote of the week:
"There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in." - Graham Greene

Facts & Tips:
A group of flamingos is called a flamboyance.

"No matter how crazed and bent out of shape I ever got, you were always there for me and I'll never forget it.  You really are my best friend." - Jason Priestly as Brandon Walsh in the TV series Beverly Hills, 90210.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home