Monday, March 13, 2017

DAYLIGHT SAVING EDITION

This past Saturday night to Sunday morning we lost that much needed hour of sleep ... yep, Spring forward time.  So now we have longer days of sunlight, pops up around 6AM and doesn't go away till after 8.  It is kind of weird but I guess it is better than waking up when it is dark and finishing work and its dark again.  I'm sure if I was a farmer this time of year is great to get all the work with the crops done and they need more sunlight than less.  But ... I'm not a farmer.  I just hate having to lose an hour of sleep but I know I will get it back in the Fall which will be great ... oh sleep, how you elude me so.

Weekly Update:
I can never get a good night's sleep still.  I know why, just can't control it ... I can't turn off my brain.  Its constantly thinking and when then I think I should clear my mind and turn it off ... I am then thinking of an empty mind and how its blank!  Its a vicious cycle that I can't get out of and I just have to tire myself out with nights of no sleep that it catches up to me.  I mean, if I am so tired, I just fall asleep but otherwise ... the brain just keeps staying on for some reason.  I have tried sleeping pills in the past and when I am sick, NyQuil.  They do work but man in the morning it is rough trying to get going and feel on the groggy end.  So try to stay away from those, those are side effects I do not need.  So what to do?  Stop thinking, tried that and it doesn't work.  I guess I will just do what I am doing.

At the movies:
No big surprise as Kong: Skull Island takes the box office crown this weekend with 61 million, slightly above expectations.  Word-of-mouth is good on the film so could reach close to 200 mil when it is done.  Dropping down to #2 is "Logan" with another 37.9 mil and now over the 150 mil mark in just 2 weeks.  Still doing strong numbers and should pass 200 mil in no time.  Slight drop to #3 is "Get Out" with another 21.1 mil and just over 100 mil cume for this suspense thriller.  Holding on to #4 is "The Shack" with an extra 10.1 mil and with these numbers it will have an amazing after-market life.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The LEGO Batman Movie" with another 7.8 mil as it quickly wraps up its run.

Quote of the week:
"First appearance deceives many." - Ovid

Facts & Tips:

Mexican jumping beans jump to get out of sunlight.

"No, we didn't. We didn't miss it because... you don't know this? I know something about history that you don't know." - Justin Bartha as Riley Poole in "National Treasure."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home