Monday, January 30, 2017

And more rain continues!!  We had a short heatwave mid-week, in the low 80's almost which is really weird.  Global warming is such a thing, none of this is normal at all!!  But to go from 2 or 3 days of high 70's to low 80's and then rain with mid 50's??  This is not normal ... the rain is nice but we have had several winters of late with no rain and mild-Summer temperatures.  It's almost as if we did some kind of complete rotation of time, maybe our calendars are all incorrect?  But each year it has been so drastically different but also not in a good way.  We need to figure out that weather controlling machine already, make it normal again!  But what about the space station that circles the Earth?  That would be pretty cool.  I see a lot of sci-fi movies and art work so I know it can be done!  OK, all kidding aside, we need a moon base.

Weekly Update:
Its been an interesting and sleepless week.  I should probably cut down on the caffeinated sodas and frappachino's.  I think I am down to just two fraps a week though so that doesn't seem too bad.  I just have to remember to only get them in the morning and not in the afternoon.  Even if I feel tired in the afternoon, that caffeine stays with me through the night I guess!  I know sleeping pills exist and they say they do not make you drowsy in the morning but I hate to take a pill unless I absolutely have to.  I feel as if I don't get very much sleep for days, eventually it will catch up to me and I will fall sleep sooner a later day.  Well, its a theory anyway.

At the movies:
Surprise at the box office as M.Night's "Split" continues to hold on to #1 for a 2nd week and earn an additional 26.3 million.  Steady course to 100 mil in another 10-days or so I would say.  Is M.Night back or is it more of the performance of McAvoy?  Or a bit of both perhaps?  New at #2 is A Dog's Purpose earning 18.4 million which is above expectations given all the bad press on it lately and boycotts.  Hard to tell if word-of-mouth of those who did see the film will be enough to give this dog an extra leash on life.  Holding to #3 is "Hidden Figures" earning another 14 mil as it passes the 100 mil cume mark.  Still good legs and with its nominations will carry a bit further.  new at #4 is Resident Evil: The Final Chapter earning 13.9 mil and close to expectations, definitely a franchise that has ran its course plus some.  Rounding off the top 5 and climbing is "La La Land" with an extra 12.1 mil and now over 100 mil itself which is big for this film.  More to come as it continues its Oscar race.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as the expansion of Gold comes in at #10 with only 3.5 mil.  Pretty much as expected too.

Quote of the day:
"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page." - Saint Augustine

Facts & Tips:
Forty percent of twins invent their own language

"The independent polling company in my Dockers has determined you're the hottest girl in the school." -  Josh Sussman as Jacob Ben Israel in the TV series "Glee."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home