Monday, December 26, 2016

CHRISTMAS EDITION

RAIN!!!  We had some rain this week and it was glorious!  Just about 2 days of it but it was solid rain and went through the day and night.  I drove by the riverbed the other night and saw patches of water in there.  I mean it wasn't covering the surface but it was patches!!!  Its a start, now if we can just get more please and see some flowing water in there, that would be a miracle!  But it did feel good to see, hear and feel the rain.  More rain more rain more rain ... gah, need it so badly.  And it felt a little like winter.

Weekly Update:
Saturday was Christmas Eve and Sunday X-Mas Day ... not sure when the last time that happened it fell on a weekend but honestly to me, it just felt like a regular weekend.  In fact, I worked both days and I honestly thought Sunday was Friday because of the holiday, it confused me.  But started a new tradition of a McRib (if I am working) for dinner and it was delicious.  They will be gone again soon but that is good with me.  I had my fill of them so I am glad they are seasonal. It is almost like eggnog, I can only have a cup a year which I didn't have any this time around ... or Turkey this year ... how sad.

At the movies:
No surprise this holiday weekend as "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" remains #1 with an extra 96.1 million and now just past 300 mil cume.  In route to a solid 500 mil domestic cume when it is said and done.  New at #2 is Sing with a nice holiday weekend of 76.7 mil. For the weekend it did 56.1 mil which is above expectations.  New at #3 is Passengers with a weekend total of 23.1 mil and right on target.  Also new at #4 is Why Him? with 16.7 mil and also right on target.  Rounding off the top 5 is Assassin's Creed with 15 mil and just below expectations and this video-game based film will fizzle out quickly.

Quote of the week:
"Christmas is the day that holds all time together." - Alexander Smith

Facts & Tips:
A camel can drink 25 gallons of water in less than three minutes.

"Jeez. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?  Oh, I forgot ... you don't." - Nicki Aycox as Meg Masters in "Supernatural."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home