Monday, November 28, 2016

POST THANKSGIVING EDITION

So, I did it!  For the 2nd year in a row I started a new tradition and ate a McRib for Thanksgiving ... and it was delicious!  What have you got if not traditions!  I don't know what is in this crack food but I will eat it again.  Maybe not this year again but come next year, I am looking forward it to.  Also had a Starbucks to drink it down which was free since I had my rewards.  So all-in-all a good night after work!

Weekly Update:
I went to a Black Friday Sale!  I heard that Target was starting at 6PM on Thursday night so I thought why not.  I always wanted to get an iPad and they had them for about $125 off the retail price (for the one I wanted to get).  I got to the store about 15 minutes before 6 and there was a line about 100 yards+ long.  But, I was there and nothing else to do so I jumped in line.  There was a lady in front of me with a baby and as employees walked the line passing special tickets out for a TV or a map of the store, she just grabbed everything AND THEN asked what it was.  She didn't want any of it and just threw them into the cart.  I mean, ask because maybe someone else wants it?  She did turn to me and asked if I wanted the TV coupon (to avoid the line and get that particular offer) but I didn't need a TV.  When the store opened, I went straight to electronics but it wasn't too crazy in general than I thought it would be.  The line for the electronics counter was about 20 people ahead of me but it turned out they were together like families so that 20 turned out to be more like 6.  So that line only took about 20 minutes (slowest cashiers ever!) and I got the iPad with the offer and I ended up signing up for their Red Card which then took another 5% off.  Not enough to cover tax but enough to make it way less.  So my total savings was closer to $140 off at the end which is pretty dang good.  When I left the counter, the line behind me then was down the aisle at least 100 people long.  Glad I went when I did!

At the movies:
No surprises as the tropics take the weekend ... new at #1 is Moana earning a 5-day total of 81.1 million, on pace to get close to 300 mil cume domestic.  Word-of-mouth is strong on the film which should carry it through the New Year. Slight drop to #2 is "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" earning another 45.1 mil as it makes its way to 200 mil, might get that within the next 2 weeks.  Dipping down to #3 is "Doctor Strange" with an extra 13.4 mil as it passes the 200 mil cume mark and will fall short of 250.  New at #4 is "Allied" with a debut of 18 mil and should have more award buzz on this one.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Arrival" with 11.3 mil more and possibly will drop out of the top 5 next week.

New films that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Bad Santa 2 comes in at #6 with only 6.1 mil and that is all Santa delivered for that one.

Quote of the week:
"The purpose of our lives is to be happy."

Facts & Tips:
David Rice Atchison was President of the United States for only one day.

"Look Buffy, you may be hot stuff when it comes to demonology or whatever but when it comes to dating, I'm the slayer!" - Charisma Carpenter as Cordelia Chase in the TV series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home