Monday, October 10, 2016

The heat wave is slowly cooling down and we are out of the Earthquake Watch we had last week, in fact it only lasted for about 2 or 3 days.  So that was weird and quick at the same time.  But at least our heat is starting to fade away and temps are much nicer.  The nights have always been good but its the days that were so unbearable.  I just hate running the AC if I don't have to and I had to for several days.  It really causes my electric bill to double if not be 150% over what it normally is or should be.  I am on that Energy Saving program so not sure if it would have been worse without it or not.  I also signed up for another energy program which buys back energy during certain times of the day.  But what I discovered is I estimated I would get back around $100 a year or save possibly $500 plus a year.  Both are estimated figures but I would rather side on the savings than the earnings in this case.  I wish I could do both but they won't let you.

Weekly Update:
What happened this week?  Nothing ... It was a pretty uneventful week but working and more working.  Did I do anything?  Hmmmm, good question.  Other than the heat ... tried to stay cool, jumped into the pool a couple of times but more to get golf balls from really bad golfers ... and there is a lot of golf balls.  The picture to the right is not my pool nor my dogs.  My dogs both hate water and are scared of everything with water except drinking it of course!  Orion will tolerate water when he knows its bath time.  Shadow will fight you that you have to carry or push her in.  But what is funny is they will walk along the edge of the pool or run around it which scares me thinking they will fall in and then smell like chlorine all day so I would have to give them a bath to get that smell out!  I wish they would like going in the pool, it would be fun to hang out with them in the jacuzzi.


At the movies:

New #1 this week as The Girl on the Train earns top honors along with 24.7 million.  Right on predictions with some good general reviews on the film.  Slight drop to #2 is "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" earning another 15 mil and still doing well.  Also slight drop to #3 is "Deepwater Horizon" with an extra 11.8 mil and also some good word-of-mouth on this film.  Dropping down to #4 is "The Magnificent Seven" bringing in another 9.2 mil as it will fall short of 100 mil cume.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Storks" with 8.5 mil and this delivery may be just about over.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
We have two this week as this weekend was not kind to new films.  Up first is The Birth of a Nation at #6 with only 7.1 mil.  This was as predicted and maybe should have been a slow roll-out film instead of a instant wide release.  In at #7 is Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life with only 6.9 mil.  Below expectations but along those lines not too surprising.

Quote of the week:
"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love." - Max Muller

Facts & Tips:
Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

"Whoa man, I didn't mean to kill that guy.  How was I supposed to know he had a bad heart?" - Dan Fogler as Randy Daytona in "Balls of Fury."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home