Monday, September 05, 2016

Labor Day Edition


It was a semi-nice day but still a bit on the warm side.  Although not officially the end of Summer, it typically does signify Summer is over mostly with schools.  Back in the day I remember going back to school the Tuesday after the Labor Day Weekend but now, school's start any where from 2 to 3 weeks before this holiday.  School is work too!  Mental work and relaxing the brain is a good thing, no?  How times have changed but one thing that remains the same, traffic sucks the week after Labor Day.  I use to take that week off or arrange to work at home, people just do not know how to drive, at all!  Is it that difficult to get from home-to-work or school?  I suppose so but I guess the majority of the problem is freeway off-ramp traffic.  That gets backed up pretty far.  Post Labor Day week ... I hate you.


Weekly Updates:
Not a whole lot went on this past week worth remembering or I would have remembered it.  I just remember not sleeping a lot but that is pretty normal for me.  I think my brain is broken ... hey, I could use a Labor Day break!!!  I am just glad for months that have a least one 3-day weekends. Even if one weekend has it in the month, it still feels like a nice break for some reason.  Now if we can somehow manage that every other week!  Now that would be pretty awesome ... at least I think so.

At the movies:
Holding on to #1 for a 2nd weekend is "Don't Breathe" with another 15.7 million and now just over 50 mil cume.  On track to hit around 80 right now but also another sign that the Summer is clearly over.  Holding on to their #2 spot is "Suicide Squad" with another 10 mil and just shy of 300 mil cume.  It should get that in the next few days and will actually make it to be one of the top Summer movies of 2016.  Also holding at #3 is "Pete's Dragon" earning another 6.5 mil and quickly burning out.  Sticking at #4 is "Kubo and the Two Strings" also with 6.5 mil and about done as well.  Rounding off the top 5, rising up on the charts going wide is "Hell or High Water" earning 5.8 mil in its 4th week in limited release.  This little film has been climbing and should be a potential award runner.







New movies that did not make the top 5:
Two this week ... up first is The Light Between Oceans only earning 4.7 mil and slightly below expectations coming in at #9.  Showing up at #17 is Morgan earning only 2 mil and also slightly below expectations but not surprisingly.

Quote of the week:
"From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way." - Bill Watterson

Facts & Tips:
"The first spam message was transmitted over telegraph wires in 1864."

"Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?" - Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky in "Transformers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home