Monday, July 11, 2016

So the heat returns!  I guess it is not as bad as it has been in the past but you can feel the heat!  What is really nice is at night it drops down to the 60's so I can sleep with the windows open and that is really nice.  I have had many Summers where you have to run the AC at night or simply be miserable.  Weather is weird, I don't get it a lot and surprised we do not have more energy efficient AC units that may recycle water through it or something.  Or have built in solar panels because areas that require it must get a lot of sun.  They should have it charge during the day when its not being used and then expend that energy first before it kicks into the grid.  But I guess that would make too much sense and cost people less.

Weekly Update:
I am very sleepy.  So I only drive to an office twice a week but I find myself drifting in sleepy time while driving.  That can't be good, right?  But luckily the distance from home to work is about 5 miles or so.  The morning seems fine though but coming home is when it really hits.  I hate to drink too much caffeine because it may not work immediately but when trying to go to sleep at night, I stay up!  I thought with my early morning wake-up time, my body would adjust but most of the time I still can't fall asleep before midnight to 1AM.  And during the night I tend to wake up every couple of hours for one reason or another.  I do take a nap once awhile but what is wierd is somethings I think I slept for an hour or more but it turns out it was only for about 5 minutes.

At the movies:
Huge surprise as The Secret Life of Pets blows the doors open with 103.2 million for this weekend.  Good reactions to the film should help it get close to 400 mil.  Small drop but maintains #2 is "The Legend of Tarzan" with another 20.6 mil and looks like it will reach the 100 mil mark.  Big drop to #3 is "Finding Dory" with another 20.4 mil and just north of 400 mil now.  New at #4 is Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates for 16.6 mil and just shy of expectations.  Not the big R-rated comedy for the Summer we were looking for.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Purge: Election Year" with another 11.7 mil.

Quote of the week:

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable." - Lucius Annaens Seneca

Facts & Tips:
The soil on Mars is rust color because it's full of rust.

"That's not Robin Hood, that's Ronald Reagan." - Michael Gross as Steven Keaton from the TV Series "Family Ties."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home