Monday, July 04, 2016

4th of July Edition

Safe and Sane, Fireworks and more ... but what about the poor animals?  Fireworks are fun and all but they freak the animals out.  My poor Orion was shaking all weekend long and he also had a thundershirt on which is suppose to calm him.  It does in general but so many poppers were going off, it was too much for him.  I should go in the closet and hang out with him for a couple of hours so it filters even more of the noise out for him.  But this is the case with all animals so I hope everyone keeps an eye on them tonight when the festivities start going off ... watch your animals, keep them indoors and maybe close all the windows and doors to reduce the sounds for them.  I even put the TV on a bit louder for them too.

Weekly Update:
What did I do this week?  Nothing but work work work ... and some work.  OH, I did have a frosty from Wendy's and to be honest, I do not remember having one before.  I am sure I must have but it I got a medium and when I received it I thought this was pretty small.  But when I started to eat it (because drinking it through a straw is impossible), it was so filling and great!  I don't get brain freeze but I get the chest pains from the extreme cold and boy did I get those.  But this little tasty treat in a cup is not only delicious but filled me up fast and it was only a medium.  I am not sure if I can handle a large if that was the case.

At the movies:
No surprise as "Finding Dory" stays afloat at the #1 spot for the 3rd week-in-a-row with another 41.9 million.  Brings its domestic total close to 400 mil cume and should get that in the next week or so.  Still on a pretty good track to potentially reach 500 mil domestic.  New at #2 is The Legend of Tarzan with 38.1 mil, and close to expectations.  Also new at #3 is The Purge: Election Year earning 30.8 mil and slightly above expectations.  New at #4 is The BFG with 19.6 mil and almost right on expectations!!  A pretty predictable weekend!  Rounding off the top 5 is "Independence Day: Resurgence" with another 16.5 mil as it struggles to break 100 mil domestic.

Quote of the week:

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

Facts & Tips:

Cats have 2 sets of vocal chords; one for purring and one for meowing.

"Okay, let's hear it. We trashed the Avedon, the Luau Lounge - what's our beef with 'Feelings'?" - Beau Bridges as Frank Baker in "The Fabulous Baker Boys."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home