Monday, June 20, 2016

We are in a heat wave!  Hit some high temps, almost 100 degrees but not quite.  But high 90's so it sure felt like 100 plus degrees.  I heard places in India were 130 degrees?  How is that possible ... I also saw a cool (well, neat) video of someone parking their car in the Arizona heat in the sun, put a cookie sheet with some cookies and baked.  They left it in the car for about 3 hours and had cookies.  I kind of want to try that now.  At least it would be interesting and if it works, neat but I wonder how long the cookie smell would stay in the car?  It may be a nice fragrence to have for awhile but not a long time I wouldn't think.

Weekly Update:

What happened this past week ... I do not even know anymore.  With all the events I am working on and on top of the extra work hours, I am tired.  I do miss the 4-day work weeks during Summer when we had "Summer Hours" but what was funny about that was its a busy time for the industry.  Why we had Summer hours, not sure.  But I still think a 4-day work week is a good idea even if you work 10 to 11 hours in those 4-days.  Then you get a nice 3-day weekend and I know people who do that.  Is it good?  I think so if you plan accordingly but then I would probably work extra time on one of those 3-days.  I know a lot of law enforcement work 4 days and off 3 and I think some hospitals run on those schedules as well.  It would only make sense those if those 3-days off are consecutive though.  At least to me that makes sense.

At the movies:
Swimming into the #1 spot is Finding Dory which was expected but earning a hefty 136.2 million wasn't!  This now makes it the highest grossing animated feature opening and also done on a non-holiday weekend! Strong word-of-mouth on the film and should easily coast into a 500 mil domestic cume.  New at #2 is Central Intelligence with 34.5 mil and very close to expectations.  Big drop to #2 is "The Conjuring 2" with an extra 15.6 mil but could possibly still get to 100 mil cume.  Also dropping to #4 is "Now You See Me 2" with 9.7 mil and struggling along unfortunately.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Warcraft" with another 6.5 mil and also struggling.

Quote of the Week:

"Art is the daughter of freedom." - Friedrich Schiller

Facts & Tips:

Charlie Chaplin failed to make the finals of a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.

"I'm gonna catch up with you guys later. I'm gonna have a bathroom... go to the drink... in the bathroom." - Joel David Moore as Owen in "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home