Monday, April 11, 2016

Starting to get warm and no rain!  The weather reports said there would be like 4 days of it but not a single drop??  What the heck!!  So the 4-days of no rain kept moving to another day and another.  It was pretty sad but the clouds help keep it cool.  But where is my rain!!!  These clouds are a big tease really, they give the hope of rain but then laugh at you while they go else where and dump their loads of water in other cities and regions.  I wish there was a way to harness them and make them drop the water.  I guess that is what the old rain maker guys use to promise in older days.  Who knows but I want some rain please!  Just like an hour of heavy rain would be awesome ... seriously.

Weekly Update:
So I went to Disneyland for work today for about 3 to 4 hours ... that was nice!  Went with our small team to spend time together and it was nice.  The lines were a bit nutty so only did two attractions but it was just nice getting out of the office and be paid to be at the park.  Can not complain about that really.  We did go on one my favorite rides, Storybook Land.  I love this little ride because of the miniature lands they portray.  Miniatures fascinate me and I can look at them all day.  The funny part of this ride is all the ducks on them and how they are giants among the castles and streets.  Saw one by a ship and it was almost the same size, pretty funny and cute.

At the movies:
A new #1 surfaces as The Boss takes top honors opening to a decent 23.5 million.  This is right at expectations and word-of-mouth is fair on this film.  Another big drop and down to #2 is "Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" with another 23.4 mil and just shy of 300 mil.  Holding on to #3 is "Zootopia" with 14.4 mil and also just shy of 300 mil.  Both of these films should reach that in the next day or two.  Down to #4 is "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2" with 6.4 mil and quickly burning out.  Rounding off the top 5 is Hardcore Henry with only 5.1 mil and close to expectations.

Quote of the week:

"To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts." - Henry David Thoreau

Facts & Tips:

Only female mosquitoes bite.

"Sacrebleu! What is this? / How on earth could I miss / Such a sweet, little succulent crab / Quel dommage, what a loss! / Here we go, in the sauce / Now some flour, I think just a dab / Now I'll stuff you with bread! / It don't hurt, 'cause you're dead / And you're certainly lucky you are / 'Cause it's gonna be hot in my big silver pot / Toodle-oo, mon poisson, au revoir!" - Rene Auberjonois as Louis in "The Little Mermaid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home