Monday, February 01, 2016

Some rain but not much.  It was suppose to be a whole day of it, or so I thought but ended up being only about 2 hours.  I thought this El Nino was going to be this horrific weather with tons of rain ... all lies.  And what is up with the incorrect weather reports?  They say it will rain this but it doesn't so they say, oh, we meant this day and it still doesn't.  I think we are better off just looking out the window and determining the weather for our self.  It would be a lot better in planning because we would not be relying on incorrect information all the time!  Just saying.  We need a dome so we can control our own weather.

Weekly Update:
So what happened this week ... nothing?  I can not think of anything that stood out this week for me other than ... nope, nothing at all.  Just a lot of work and more work, it is getting busier for me at least which is fine but I am tired.  Worked several 12 hours days this week, 4 maybe?  I think that is correct but if it is not than that means I worked all 5-days because it is a big blur right now.  I miss the days of making my own schedule as long as I got the work done but now everything is numbers and metrics ... very button pushing and no real incentive to be honest.  But, work is work and strive to be the best at it.

At the movies:
Chopping its way to #1 is Kung Fu Panda 3 with a solid 41 million.  Word-of-mouth is fair to good on the film and should make its way to an over 100 mil cume when it is said and done.  Slight drop to #2 is "The Revenant" with another 12.4 mil in its 6th week and should continue to maintain through the award season.  Gaining back to #3 is "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" with an extra 10.8 mil in its 7th week and just shy of 900 mil, should get that fairly soon.  New at #4 is The Finest Hours with 10.3 mil and not much to write home about on this film.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Ride Along 2" with another 8.4 mil and quickly ending the ride on this film.

New films that did not make the top 5:
Just one wide release this week as Fifty Shades of Black comes in at #9 with only 6.2 mil, below expectations but they were not even that high to begin with.

Quote of the week:
"Destiny has two ways of crushing us - by refusing our wishes and by fulfilling them." - Henri Frederic Amiel

Facts & Tips:
International tug of war rules state that the rope must be over 100-feet long

"I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey." - Will Arnett as Batman in "The Lego Movie."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home