Monday, January 18, 2016

RAIN ... well, at least a day or two of it but we are supposed to get some crazy down pours very soon.  They are talking flash flood warnings, prepare to be trapped in your homes and get those drain gutters checked kind of weather!  But we really need the rain and bad.  People are happy with one day but we need weeks of rain to refill the reservoir and get some snow back on those mountains.  We do not need inches of snow but feet of snow because as it melts, it continues the water supply for us and having a few inches, half of that goes back into the ground before it even reaches us.  Oh storms, please come and stay for awhile.  Do not listen to those who complain because they have no clue of the bigger picture of trouble we are in and only thing that one day is good enough.  One day ... geez people are stupid.

Weekly Update:
I am trying to remember what I did this past week but honestly it is a complete blank.  I was suppose to go to some events but I canceled on them because I felt a cold coming.  I wanted to nip that in the bud because with this cold weather and anticipated rain, I do not want to be sick.  This weather only encourages it to stay longer and do not need that please.  Although I will say since a couple of years ago I try to keep a supply of Kleenex and cough drops handy.  Neither of which go bad and I discover friends need them so I do run through my cough drops pretty fast but that is OK.  I get the nice Costco 6-pack of sugar-free halls.  That will last me for awhile and they are on sale a lot too.

At the movies:A new #1 at the box office as the crown is passed to comedy.  Winning the box office this weekend is Ride Along 2 with a solid 34 million and very good for January in general.  Above expectations and something different for this time of year.  After several Golden Globe wins and Oscar nominations, "The Revenant" is at #2 with an extra 29.5 mil and just shy of the 100 mil mark.  It should reach that probably by the end of next weekend.  Dropping down to #3 after 4 weeks is "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" with an another 25.1 mil as it hits 850 mil cume and will fall short of 1 billion domestic.  It still has a chance to hit the #2 worldwide mark but at this rate unlikely to take the #1 crown from "Avatar."  New at #4 is 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi with 16 mil and good word-of-mouth.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Daddy's Home" with 9.3 mil more.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Norm of the North earns 6.7 mil and the #6 spot ... and right at expectations for this rental style movie.


Quote of the week:
"Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount." - Clare Boothe Luce

Facts & Tips:At room temperature, the average air molecule travels at the speed of a rifle bullet.

"I asked for a replacement for O'Riley and this is what I get.  A useless, skinny, untrained snot.  Let me be clear, I intend to trade you a-s-a-p.  My army has been undefeated for the last 21 battles.  I'm trying to get into command school.  You can get your training at someone else's expense." - Moises Arias as Bonzo Madrid in "Ender's Game."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home