Monday, January 25, 2016

So ... no rain ... I think anyone could be a weather person and I believe I have pointed this out before.  I could say it will be in the 65 to 75 degree range with a 20% chance of rain.  So, if it rains, than I was right.  But if it does NOT rain, I was right!  And giving myself a 10 degree gap is pretty safe.  I may through in there "with some clouds" and some could be one but you will probably miss it because you were not looking at that exact moment it passed by.  Also it was three clouds originally but then they merged into one.  Weather people are useless.

Weekly Update:
Tired, so so tired.  Still recovering from 12 hour days and I still had more 12 hour days!  In fact for while there I had more than 12 hour days till they realized that was incorrect.  Oh schedules and errors ... what are you going to do about it.  I am finding myself falling asleep before 10 PM but then waking up to go to bed and not being able to sleep ... what is that?!  How does that happen?  When I wake up I try to use very little to no energy and when I finally make it to the bed ... I am awake!

At the movies:
A new #1 at the box office again, after 5 weeks in limited and then wide release is "The Revenant" with 16 million and now past 100 mil cume for domestic box office.  Has solid momentum with the award wins and Oscar buzz that it should get north of 150 when it is said and done.  Holding ground at #2 is "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" with another 14.3 mil and just shy of 900 mil cume.  At the current pace it should get there sometime after next weekend however still short about 200 mil world wide to take the #2 spot for all-time.  Dropping down to #3 is "Ride Along 2" with another 13 mil and a pretty fast burn.  New at #4 is Dirty Grandpa with 11.5 mil and right were we thought it would be.  Rounding off the top 5 is The Boy with 11.2 mil and also right at expectations.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as The 5th Wave only earned 10.7 mil and enough for 6th place.  Well below expectations for this high budget science fiction film

Quote of the week:
"The past, the present and the future are really one: they are today." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Facts & Tips:
At latitude 60 degrees south, it is possible to sail clear around the world without touching land.

"Well, what a group. Hear No Evil, See No Evil, and Feel No Pain. What's wrong with you people?" - Morgan Fairchild as Susan Taylor in the TV series "Mork & Mindy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home