Monday, April 04, 2016

It is nice a cool again, they said rain but they lied yet again.  I mean I think I saw the ground wet for 20 minutes but never saw any water coming from the sky.  I hope as we begin the month of April we do get that old saying, April Showers.  We do get some rain during this month, not a lot but something.  Is it a kind of a Spring cleaning to wash everything away?  Who knows but we could use 2 years of non-stop rains, not heavy mind you but just rain, to bring us out of the drought.  BUT, it would only get us out of a drought but what about long term and sustainability ... that is the big question and I think we are still importing our water from up north through the pipelines and aqueducts.  We just need water, any water please.

Weekly Update:
Not much went on this week that I can even remember ... did anything happen?  I did some of my taxes but I don't think I will have them ready in time but I will get what I can done.  I will probably get another extension again.  I am not sure why it is so difficult to get it done or at least turned in on time for me.  I suppose just your typical procrastination and you realize you need to do them when you are within 2 to 3 weeks of them being due.  Extensions give you like 6 more months but I hope it will be a lot sooner than that because already waited 4 months to get this far!  Oh well, it will be worth the wait if I do not need to pay and get even a dollar back.

At the movies:
With what came out this weekend, no surprises at the box office in terms of what would be in the top 5.  Also no big surprise at the drop "Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" took with almost 70% from the previous week.  That gives it is a 52.4 million and now past 250 mil cume but still far from goal.  This film will be a much quicker burn than other superhero films, they may want to rethink the rest of the DC Universe.  Holding strong at #2 is "Zootopia" with another 20 mil and closing in at the 300 mil mark.  Also hanging on to the #3 spot is "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2" with 11.1 mil.  New at #4 is God's Not Dead 2 with 8.1 mil and right about expectations.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Miracles from Heaven" with another 7.6 mil and overall did well for a faith based film.

New films that did not make the top 5:
Just one wide release as Meet the Blacks comes in at #8 with only 4.1 mil and about expectations as well.

Quote of the week:
"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water." - Rabindranath Tagore

Facts & Tips:
New York City has over 800 miles of subway track.

"I learn plenty, yeah, I learned how to sand your decks maybe. I washed your car, paint your house, paint your fence.  I learn plenty!" - Ralph Macchio as Daniel Larusso in "The Karate Kid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home