Monday, March 14, 2016

Daylight Saving Time Edition

Did you set your clocks ahead an hour?  If you did not, you are probably late for something.  I was just getting use to having some sunlight in the morning to be completely dark again.  I do not like this time of year, not that I do not mind more daylight, I just hate losing an hour of sleep!  There are a lot of folks who say we do not need DST anymore ... but I do like the Fall when we get an extra hour of sleep.  I will never complain about that one, just this one because I get so little sleep anyway, that hour adds up!  I should just nap more I guess but then I can never control how long I will nap even if I set an alarm, it will still take me a bit of time to fall asleep so I would not get a full nap ... and what is a full nap, an hour?

Weekly Update:
Plastic bags ... I have noticed lately when going to certain stores the quality of plastic bags they give.  So one would think the lower end type stories would have a less quality bag (Smart & Final and Northgate) while a higher end (perceived) store has better bags (Ralph's).  what makes a bag better quality than others?  Holes!  So in the Ralph's bag I noticed 2 out of 3 there are holes in the bottom.  Varying in size but usually very tiny.  Then Northgate bags rarely have holes, maybe 1 out of very 20 and Smart & Final has none but I do not shop there enough to get a sampling.  Stater Bros. I see as middle of the road and they are about 1 in every 5 with holes which is better than Ralph's.  Of course the gold standard is Target bags which I have never seen a hole in and have the best overall quality for the amount of business they do ... interesting.

At the movies:
Holding on to the crown for another week with a big margin is "Zootopia" earning an additional 50 mil and now well over 100 mil domestic cume.  Now on track to potentially break 300 mil.  New at #2 is 10 Cloverfield Lane with 25.2 mil and pretty much on track.  Not a sequel film to "Cloverfield" but more of a film adjacent which is pretty interesting.  Hanging on to #3 is "Deadpool" with another 10.8 mil and slowly winding to around 350 mil cume.  Also hanging on to the #4 spot is "London Has Fallen" with 10.6 mil and could carry further.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" with another 4.6 mil as it comes to a close.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Quiet a few this week ... At #6 is The Perfect Match with 4.2 mil and below expectations but not surprised by it.  In at #7 is The Young Messiah with 3.4 mil and around expectations but could do well in the after market in home entertainment.  And in at #8 is The Brothers Grimsby with only 3.2 mil, way below all expectations.  I guess his last film left a bad taste in a lot of peoples pockets.

Quote of the week:
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." - Michelangelo

Facts & Tips:
About 45% of leisure visitors to downtown New York City come from outside the United States.

"I think you would have made a great Muppet..." - Nick Frost as PC Danny Butterman in "Hot Fuzz."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home