Monday, March 07, 2016

Rain!  Had some rain over the weekend and my weather app did not even mention it.  In fact, it said it would be sunny and in the high 70's but then while resting on the couch, I heard water outside.  The smell of dampness filled the air and sure enough the ground was covered in water!  It was a fair rain, lasted maybe an hour or so but stayed very light.  But this is another example of why do we have weather people if they give us a completely wrong prediction?  Of course they could have said there was a 10% chance of rain and if we get it, they are right and if we did not, they are still right!  I thought we had technology for this and if there is not already, probably a website where we can view it ourselves.  I am sure it will look confusing and would take time to understand and interpret but after a few tries, I am sure we would get it and be weather people!  I am just saying.

Weekly Update:
Not much this week except the dogs decide to eat almost a whole pack of Oreo cookies, double stuffed.  They are not skimming the counters and tables which they know they are not suppose to.  I am pretty sure Orion was not behind it but Shadow, she likes to jump and put her front paws on the counter to see what is up there ... so I am blaming her!  I was only gone for an hour too so rushed to get some hydrogen peroxide to make them throw-up.  After three doses, nothing!  And all day they both seemed perfectly normal.  But I am surprised they did not throw-up and gave it to them both because not 100% sure it was Shadow.  I know she would not share it if it was her but if it was Orion, he would have shared it with Shadow.  Or in other words Shadow would just take some.  But nothing ... so I guess they are good but surprised the peroxide did not work in making them throw up.

At the movies:
New at #1 and with a very positive word-of-mouth is Zootopia with a big 73.7 million, above all expectations.  The film is a solid in-between season hit and should break into the 200 mil domestic mark.  New at #2 is London Has Fallen with 21.7 mil and right at expectations.  Dropping down to #3 is "Deadpool" with 16.4 mil and now breaks the 300 mil mark.  Now starting to slow down and should end up in the mid 300 range.  New at #4 is Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with 7.6 mil and slightly below expectations.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Gods of Egypt" with 5 mil and probably done at this point.

Quote of the week:

"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." - Albert Schweitzer


Facts & Tips:
Giraffes have the same number of vertebrae as humans: 7.

"Except, the thing is, even if I believed you, right, where you're from, what I've done - which I don't, by the way - you're still talking about beaming aboard the Enterprise while she's traveling faster than light, without a proper receiving pad." - Simon Pegg as Scotty in "Star Trek."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home