Monday, February 08, 2016

Super Bowl Sunday weekend Edition

So the Denver Broncos won and I actually watched most of the game.  And as tradition dictates, if the game is good, the commercials are bad.  If the commercials are great, the game will be bad ... the game was good but not great.  It was fun to watch but the ads were pretty lacking in my opinion expect for the Prius ad, that was pretty entertaining.  One thing I will say about the weekend besides the Superbowl .... freaking Summer weather?!?  It was in the 80's all weekend and I was borderline miserable hot.  El Nino is a myth.

Weekly Update:
Had my last wisdom tooth pulled on Friday because it was decaying and this was fascinating, the nerves under it were calcifying or become a solid to protect themselves.  That is what the dentist showed me in the x-ray and explained to me why it was a white color.  I thought that was pretty neat, the human body and what it can do or tries to do ... in this case it worked till I could get it removed.  They felt it was not worth cleaning it out and keeping it, best to remove it.  So after I was numbed up, it took the oral surgeon a whole maybe 7 minutes to remove it and I did not even realize it was done till they were putting everything away.  But the weekend was spent laying in bed or on the couch, taking some pain meds when needed.  I really did not feel it till the Novocaine wore off which I guess is normal and to be expected.  They estimated a week for the recovery time.

At the movies:

Super Bowl Super Sunday and as predicted, "Kung Fu Panda 3" continues to lead the box office for a 2nd week in a row.  With another 21 million, it is just shy of 70 mil cume but still on track to break 100 mil.  New at #2 is Hail, Caesar! with 11.4 mil to open and good word-of-mouth on this film but more in the art world.  Holding on to #3 is "The Revenant" with another 7.1 mil as it makes its way to 150 mil cume which it should have it by end of tomorrow.  Still in the top 5 is "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" earning another 6.9 mil and now over the 900 mil mark.  Still too far for 1 Billion domestic but it sure made a good try at it.  New at #5 is The Choice with a soft 6.1 mil opening and right about expectations.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as Pride and Prejudice and Zombies comes in at #6 with only 5.2 mil and well below expectations.  I had a feeling zombies have run its course and this kind of nails it.

Quote of the week:
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Elliot

Facts & Tips:
The popsicle was invented in 1905 by an 11-year-old boy.

"I'm afraid he's right, take your shot Mr. Gilmore." - Dennis Dugan as Doug Thompson in "Happy Gilmore."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home