Monday, August 22, 2016

And the heat wave continues ... remained pretty hot again this past week, few temps in the low 90's with most being in the high-80's but the nights cooled down again.  That is always nice to open up the windows and let the cool air in.  Now if that can just be during the day as well!  I spoke with a friend who just put in solar panels but apparently it cost them about $10k!  That is crazy but let's do some math ... they said their monthly electric bill is about $200 so that is $2400 a year they will save.  So in 5-years it will pay for itself.  I also know there is a buy-back program that Edison purchases the unused energy but they said that doesn't happen till the end of the year and we don't know what that cost is.  So I guess you have to calculate is it worth it for a chunk of change for a long term savings?  I think it is as long as you can afford that chunk of change now.


Weekly Update:
This week ... nothing happened.  Pretty much sums it up and I'm glad.  I was just exhausted and still have problems going to sleep by a certain time.  I may start to fall asleep before midnight but then something wakes me up and then I fall asleep later past midnight.  Why, WHY??  You would think after awhile the body would adjust but no matter how little or how much sleep I do end up getting, I will wake up around 6 AM ... so if that can adjust, why can't the part about going to bed also adjust?  This confuses me but I found a cool image of a Pac-Man clock that I want now.  I wonder if it folds so the mouth is closed and becomes portable?  Looks like a very basic yet fun clock to have.

At the movies:
WB and DC finally have a decent hit on their hands as "Suicide Squad" continues to dominate the box office for a 3rd week in a row.  With another 20.7 million, it is now slowly approaching the 300 mil cume mark. Uncertain if it will hit that but should come very close.  Holding ground at #2 is "Sausage Party" with another 15.3 mil and continues to buzz along.  New at #3 is War Dogs with 14.3 mil and below expectations.  Also new at #4 is Kubo and the Two Strings with 12.6 mil and right on expectations.  Rounding off the top 5 is Ben-Hur with 11.4 mil and slightly below expectations but this film also had a high price tag along with it.

Quote of the week:

"Immensely grateful, touched, proud, astonished, abashed." - Boris Pasternak


Facts & Tips:

The king of Hearts is the only king without a mustache.

"He would have told us, no one can take that." - Al Leong as Endo in "Lethal Weapon."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home