Monday, July 25, 2016

So so hot ... yep, Summer time for sure and with that, fires.  Every day and now almost every night, I've had the AC on or on auto but it keeps going off.  Not going to enjoy this electric bill but with the Summer program I am part of, it is less than it could be.  I hope by the time the program is over, the heat will be gone!  But with such heat and dryness, the fires start up.  So sad because most of them are either on purpose by an arsonist or something flicking a cigarette bud out their car window.  The current ones are really far away but they are so huge I can see the plum of smoke over the hills and one day I thought it was later in the day than it was because of the shadow it casts.  This is both crazy and part of the season we have here in SoCali.

Weekly Update:
So on Saturday night I had some Domino's and ate their garlic bites.  Nothing else, just those because they filled me up.  I think I ate about 10 of them, they are bite-sized things and just heavy in olive oil (so I think) and garlic.  Later that night into Sunday morning, around 2AM, my stomach starts to feel really funny.  I wasn't sure what was going on, made a few trips to the bathroom thinking I may need to go.  Grab some cold water and sipped a bit and then all of a sudden it hit me and it was vomit city all night long.  I must have gone 5 or 6 times and had no control.  Or at least enough control to get to the bathroom except once but by then I grabbed the dog water bowl and had it next to me.  I have never been so violently ill before and the next morning I couldn't move.  My joints and body were so weak, I couldn't do a thing.  My back ached and stomach was upset but at least the vomiting was over.

At the movies:
Where no man has gone before ... Star Trek Beyond takes top honors this weekend with a decent 59.6 million, fairly close to expectations.  Word of mouth is good on this film and it should carry it possibly close to 200 mil.  Drop down to #2 is "The Secret Lives of Pets" with another 29.3 mil and now just over 250 mil.  Strong way to break 300 plus at this rate.  Coming in at #3 is "Lights Out" with 21.6 mil which was also close to expectations.  Big drop to #4 is "Ghostbusters" with another 21.6 mil and creeping up to 100 mil cume.  It should reach it but not much further past it unfortunately.  Rounding off the top 5 is Ice Age: Collision Course with 21 mil and almost exactly on predictions.  Not much to say on this film as it feels this franchise has played out long ago but they will recover nicely in the home entertainment market as they all do.

Quote of the week:

"Talent does what it can; genius does what it must." - Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Facts & Tips:

The state of Tennessee was originally called Franklin.

"You can't keep a kid from growing up. All a 13-year-old boy wants is a 13-year-old girl. And I sure don't know how to build one of those." - Robert Loggia as MacMillan in "Big."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home