Monday, September 12, 2016

It's getting very warm in here ... ok, that would be a very poor hip hop song.  But it is getting warm again ... when is Fall suppose to start? I know it is in September ... ah ok, the 22nd.  Well, I guess that means we are still in Summer so this weather is acceptable ... curse you Summer, you have tricked me again!  This picture I found (to the left) is nice but what does it mean?!?  Why are their four different colors, what is that white stuff on the one, I see a sun, that is no surprise ... I see a desert yellow ... ok.  What is that green and white?  We have no seasons here in Southern California, its just one long season and we hope for cooler months or even days.  Some water from the sky is nice, need more of that desperately!!!

Weekly Update:
I think each week by week is getting more boring and boring for me.  Nothing is going on, just trying to stay cool and work.  Putting together small little projects but also trying to put together projects ... I mean it feels busy but not busy.  Or maybe I am just doing busy work?  I do look at three computer screens almost every day and I have a TV that is hooked up to a computer but not on ... I should swap that for my regular computer screen maybe.  I think it has better speakers so I could watch movies ... yeah, I should do that ... why didn't I do that before?  I am not on top of that.

At the movies:
Your in-flight entertainment is Sully as it earns top honors this weekend with a solid 35.5 million in its debut.  Above expectations and word-of-mouth is good on this film and definitely an award contender this season.  New at #2 is When the Bough Breaks with 15 mil and almost on-point with estimations.  Slight drop to #3 is "Don't Breathe" with another 8.2 mil and still doing well.  Also slight drop to #4 is "Suicide Squad" with an additional 5.7 mil and just over the 300 mil cume mark.  New and rounding off the top 5 is The Wild Life with only 3.4 mil and actually not that far off from expectations.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one wide release as The Disappointments Room clearly was correctly named.  Coming in at #17 with 1.4 mil and fell below expectations but honestly not by much.

Quote of the week:
"In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can." - Nikos Kazantzakis

Facts & Tips:
Peaches are members of the almond family.


"I know why my numbers were wrong. I only figured it for two people." - Bill Paxton as Fred Haise, Sr. in "Apollo 13."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home