Monday, October 31, 2016

HALLOWEEN EDITION

This is Halloween, this is Halloween ... rare time that a Monday lands on Halloween!  So the spooks and ghouls will be out tonight however I didn't get any candy.  I'm not even sure if there are kids in this neighborhood but maybe I should get a small bag of something just in case 1 or 2 wonder near by.  Never hurts and anything left over, I can eat it!  So I better get good candy like wafers or something with nuts!  This is a fun "holiday" but I don't celebrate it.  I mean it really isn't even a holiday since you don't get the day off and banks are closed or anything.  Just a random day to be honest where you can dress up and be dumb.  But weather promises to be cloudy, despite the promise of rain all weekend, I think we received a total of 22 rain drops.  And I am not kidding either!!!

Weekly Update:
It was a warm week and pretty quiet overall.  Did some errands, planted some grass since I have a lot of dead spots on the lawn where the pups have peed.  Hopefully those areas will recover and just need to keep watering it.  Grass is an interesting thing, how it grows and how quickly it can fade.  It really is both a sturdy plant and also a very sensitive greenery.  It can take a lot of abuse from weather and being stepped on but then without water it goes yellow and dead pretty dang fast.  It also is comfy to lay on too ... grass, what an interesting plant or thousands upon thousands of mini-plants.

At the movies:
Big surprise at the box office this weekend and even in the scary sense!  Holding on to the crown for a 2nd weekend in a row is "Boo! A Madea Halloween" with an extra 16.7 mil.  A small drop from last week but should fall out of the its throne next week.  New at #2 is Inferno with 15 mil to open and well below all expectations.  Could be the end of this franchise?  Holding on to #3 is "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" with another 9.6 mil.  Also holding on to #4 is "The Accountant" with an extra 8.5 mil and still has good word-of-mouth.  Rounding off the top 5 is "Ouija: Origin of Evil" with 7 mil more (25 mil cume) and the board is now spelling "the end" on this one.

Quote of the week:
"The bluebird carries the sky on his back." - Henry David Thoreau

Facts & Tips:
Forty is the only number whose letters are in alphabetical order.

"I became a police officer because my doctor told me I needed to get out of the house more." - Kerri Kenney as Deputy Trudy Wiegel in "Reno 911!: Miami."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home