Monday, October 24, 2016

This past weekend was suppose to be full of rain.  Like some thunderstorms and Friday, Saturday and Sunday lot of rain!  So what did we get .. Friday, cloudy, no rain ... not even cold but warm cloudy day, unusual.  Saturday, cloudy, big thick almost black clouds ... no rain.  But at least it was a lot cooler so it felt almost correct.  Sunday, RAIN ... for almost 5 minutes!  It was glorious and enough to cover the ground and look wet till the sun came out and dried up all the rain ... (yes yes, I know) so the itsy bitsy spider ... I heard it in my head too as I was typing it.  But the weather, what is up with you already?!?!  Give us just one other season besides Summer ... just one, is that too much?

Weekly Update:
What happened this week ... lack of sleep, that is for sure!  Dogs running around, that always happens.  But yeah, lack of sleep and I am tired.  I don't know how I can not turn off my brain at night when I turn off the light.  What is really funny, I attempt to go to sleep, turn off the light and within maybe 10 seconds, could be just a bit more, the big dog instantly started snoring!!!  I can she do that in mere seconds?!?!  I want this ability!  Granted they will wake up on the slightest sound, usually but still.  I did put my hand on her back and she continued to snore so she must have been really tired from doing nothing all day and sleeping.  Oh and eating, that is exhausting as well apparently.

At the movies:
As we get close to Halloween and the end of October, we kind of see a boost in films related to the season.  New at #1 is Boo! A Madea Halloween earning a nice 27.6 million and above expectations.  I guess we were in need of a comedy of sorts.  Right behind it and new at #2 is Jack Reacher: Never Go Back with 23 mil in its debut.  This is also above expectations but not by too much.  Another new film at #3 is Ouija: Origin of Evil earning 14.1 mil and very close to expectations.  The one film that was made for this season ends up not being the top film which is kind of interesting and expected.  Drop down to #4 is "The Accountant" with another 14 mil and its numbers are fading.  Rounding off the top 5 is "The Girl on the Train" with an extra 7.3 mil as it comes to the end of the line soon.

New movies that did not make the top 5:
Just one this week as "Keeping Up With the Joneses" chimes in at #7 earning 5.6 mil and actually also close to estimations.

Quote of the week:
"On earth there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it." - Jules Renard

Facts & Tips
Two trees can create enough oxygen for a family of four.

"Yeah, I feel one lung short." - Claudia Black as Sharon 'Shazza' Montgomery in "Pitch Black"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home